- Table View
- List View
Does it feel as if you're fighting your body to lose even one pound--or just to maintain your current weight? Respected health and wellness expert and bestselling author Jillian Michaels has been there, too. So she consulted top experts in the field of metabolism and discovered that she'd inadvertently been abusing her endocrine system for years. After "fixing" her own metabolism, she decided to share what she learned by devising this simple, 3-phase plan that engages all the weight-loss hormones (including the friendly HGH, testosterone, DHEA; and the not-so-friendly: insulin, cortisol, and excess estrogen). In Master Your Metabolism, discover how to:*REMOVE "anti-nutrients" from your diet*RESTORE foods that speak directly to fat-burning genes *REBALANCE energy and your hormones for effortless weight lossMichaels offers a wealth of information throughout, including: shopping lists and online shopping resources, hormone-trigger food charts, how to eat "power nutrient" foods on a budget, smart strategies for eating out, quick and easy recipes, as well as mini-programs for addressing PMS, andropause, metabolic syndrome, PCOS, and menopause.From the Hardcover edition.
The key to amping your body to its full fat-burning potential--now in your pocket! Jillian Michaels's Master Your Metabolism plan has already helped millions achieve hot healthy bodies naturally through nutrition and hormone balance. Now she's made optimal health even easier by putting key resources into this on-the-go guide. No matter where you're making your food choices--at home, dining out, or in the grocery store--this guide makes staying on the Master Plan simple and straightforward. The Master Your Metabolism Calorie Counter is packed with information that makes it the ultimate compendium for anyone leading a Master-full life. * Complete nutritional information for over 5,000 foods--carbs, fat, calorie, and hormone-positive, negative, or neutral counts * Best and worst choices at dozens of national restaurant chains * What to shop for in beauty and home-care products * Master Disaster foods you'll want to stay far away from! * Hormone-positive power nutrient food listsFrom the Trade Paperback edition.
Now You're Talking!Do you want to be bulletproof at work, secure in your relationship, and content in your own skin? If so, it's more important than ever to be aware of what your body is saying to the outside world. Unfortunately, most of what you've heard from other body language experts is wrong, and, as a result, your actions may be hurting, not helping, you. With sass and a keen eye, media favorite Janine Driver teaches you the skills she used every day to stay alive during her fifteen years as a body-language expert at the ATF. Janine's 7-day plan and her 7-second solutions teach you dozens of body language fixes to turn any interpersonal situation to your advantage. She reveals methods here that other experts refuse to share with the public, and she debunks major myths other experts swear are fact: Giving more eye contact is key when you're trying to impress someone. Not necessarily true. It's actually more important where you point your belly button. This small body shift communicates true interest more powerfully than constant eye contact.The "steeple" hand gesture will give you the upper hand during negotiations and business meetings. Wrong. Driver has seen this overbearing gesture backfire more often than not. Instead, she suggests two new steeples that give you power without making you seem overly aggressive: the Basketball Steeple and the A-OK Two-Fingered Steeple. Happy people command power and attention by smiling just before they meet new people. Studies have shown that people who do this are viewed as Beta Leaders. Alpha leaders smile once they shake your hand and hear your name. At a time when every advantage counts--and first impressions matter more than ever--this is the book to help you really get your message across.From the Hardcover edition.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.