- Table View
- List View
Poetry that springs from the collision of memory, dream, and history, Jonathan Aaron's narratives and lyrics develop in unpredictable, often unlikely ways toward moments of surprising disclosure. The poems in Corridor look back on actual or fictional events in history (the fate of a foolhardy Roman commander, the musings of a fourth-century farmer who saw the Huns), celebrate modern adventures of the imagination such as filmmaker Luis Bunuel and novelist/fabulist Julio Cortazar, explore moments of a private vision (a man recalls his addiction to cigarettes, a woman tries to communicate with a water monster), recast the narrative spells of a ballad - "Serial Nocturne," the collection's longest work, revisits and renews the age-old story of the demon lover. Different as they are, these poems are driven by an underlying impulse to portray characters as odds with the worlds they inhabit, people who are therefore all the more of those worlds, individuals whose dilemmas and crises all have something to tell us about the struggle of moral consciousness to discover itself.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.