- Table View
- List View
If Steal This Book is Abbie Hoffman's guide to living outside the establishment, Revolution for the Hell of It is a chronicle of his radical escapades that still offers lessons for today's activists. Hoffman pioneered the use of humor, theater, and surprise to change the world for the better. In Revolution for the Hell of It, he gives firsthand accounts of his legendary adventures, from the activism that led up to the founding of the Youth International Party (or "Yippies!") to the 1968 Democratic National Convention protests ("a perfect mess"). Also chronicled is the mass antiwar demonstration he helped lead in which over 50,000 people levitated the Pentagon using psychic energy and the time he dropped handfuls of dollar bills onto the floor of the New York Stock Exchange and watched the traders scramble. With antiwar sentiment once again on the rise and an incendiary political climate not seen since the book's original printing, Abbie Hoffman's voice is more essential than ever. Includes a facsimile edition of Hoffman's rare first book, Fuck the System. "In Abbie's reflections, hilarious as well as painful, we recognize the schizo psyche of our country today: ebullience and despair rolled into one Abbie was the best." Studs Terkel
A classic of counterculture literature and one of the most influential and controversial documents of the 20th century, this is an instruction manual for young activists and radical social change.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.