- Table View
- List View
Until now, design patterns for the MapReduce framework have been scattered among various research papers, blogs, and books. This handy guide brings together a unique collection of valuable MapReduce patterns that will save you time and effort regardless of the domain, language, or development framework you're using. Each pattern is explained in context, with pitfalls and caveats clearly identified to help you avoid common design mistakes when modeling your big data architecture. This book also provides a complete overview of MapReduce that explains its origins and implementations, and why design patterns are so important. All code examples are written for Hadoop. Summarization patterns: get a top-level view by summarizing and grouping data Filtering patterns: view data subsets such as records generated from one user Data organization patterns: reorganize data to work with other systems, or to make MapReduce analysis easier Join patterns: analyze different datasets together to discover interesting relationships Metapatterns: piece together several patterns to solve multi-stage problems, or to perform several analytics in the same job Input and output patterns: customize the way you use Hadoop to load or store data "A clear exposition of MapReduce programs for common data processing patterns--this book is indespensible for anyone using Hadoop." --Tom White, author of Hadoop: The Definitive Guide
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.