- Table View
- List View
"An eye for an eye is never enough." Kallie Rivière, a Cajun hoodoo apprentice with a bent for trouble, learned the meaning of those ominous words when hoodoo bogeyman Doctor Heron targeted her family for revenge. Now, while searching for her still-missing bayou pirate cousin, Kallie finds out the hard way that someone is undoing powerful gris gris, which means that working magic has become as unpredictable as rolling a handful of dice. The wards woven to protect the Gulf coast are unraveling, leaving New Orleans and the surrounding bayous vulnerable just as an unnatural storm--the deadliest in a century--is born. As the hurricane powers toward the heart of all she loves, Kallie desperately searches for the cause of the disturbing randomness, only to learn a deeply unsettling truth: the culprit may be herself. To protect her family and friends, including the sexy nomad Layne Vallin, Kallie steps into the jaws of danger . . . and finds a loup garou designed to steal her heart--literally.
The fifth thrilling urban fantasy in the "engrossingly fun" (Entertainment Weekly) Maker's Song series following the adventures of FBI agent Heather Wallace and the mysterious, seductive vampire Dante.Dante and Heather fight for their lives against two different foes to find their way back to each other. Dante, lost to his shattered and painful past, his bond with Heather the only thing keeping him sane, searches for Heather and the man who stole her. Powerplays and intrigue intensify as knowledge of what Dante truly is--a True Blood/Fallen Maker--ripples through nightkind and mortal societies. The Cercle de Druide wish to guide Dante to proper godhood with themselves as his advisors; the Shadow Branch covet his world-altering power, power they could command with a single word; while the Coneil du Sang plan to use Dante to strengthen and purify vampire bloodlines. And the Fallen wait for his return to Gehenna to heal their dying land. Time is quickly running out and the fate of three worlds--mortal, nightkind, and Fallen--pivots around Dante as he struggles to piece together his shattered psyche and gain control of his power before he rips all three worlds asunder.
A RUSH OF WINGS Special Agent Heather Wallace is a strong, compassionate woman who believes in justice and being a voice for the dead. When she trails a serial-killing sexual sadist to New Orleans, an unexpected twist leads her to a man who goes by the name Dante. Dante is a gorgeous, talented rock star, and a vampire. He's also the killer's next target. Caught in a web of deception stretching to the FBI and beyond, Heather runs a desperate race against time, against other agents, and against her own deepening feelings for Dante. But not even she will be able to save Dante from his own stolen past... STAKED A "fast-paced story with a heady mixture of humor, violence, and sex" (Library Journal), this witty and immensely appealing urban fantasy novel features a strip club-owning vampire with memory problems. Fans who enjoy Charlaine Harris, Jim Butcher, and Kim Harrison will love this unforgettable and subversive dark fantasy novel. WICKED GAME Recovering con artist Ciara Griffin is trying to live the straight life, even if it means finding a (shudder!) real job. She takes an internship at a local radio station, whose late-night time-warp format features 1940s blues, '60s psychedelia, '80s goth, and more, all with an uncannily authentic flair. Ciara soon discovers just how the DJs maintain their cred: they're vampires, stuck forever in the eras in which they were turned. To boost ratings and save the lives of her strange new friends, Ciara rebrands the station as "WVMP, the Lifeblood of Rock 'n' Roll." In the ultimate con, she hides the DJs' vampire nature in plain sight, disguising the bloody truth as a marketing gimmick. But the "gimmick" enrages a posse of ancient and powerful vampires who aren't so eager to be brought into the light. Soon the stakes are higher--and the perils graver--than any con game Ciara's ever played...
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.