- Table View
- List View
Given in this book are some of the commonly used abbreviations with particular reference to those used in the Indian context.
A proverb is a simple and concrete saying popularly known and repeated, which expresses a truth, based on common sense or practical experience of humanity. Proverbs abound in English. This book helps you to become familiar with their usage.
A quotation should inspire. It should also make the reader think and use it. In this book are selections of immortal words of some of the greatest thinkers, politicians, philosophers, etc., and other eminent personalities from all around the world.
This book is a series that traces the enchanting and lesser known stories behind the creation of the well known temples, monuments and landmarks in India.
An essay is a piece of writing original in composition, which usually bring out the observations and recollections of the writer. This book contains 60 common essays, which will help students with ideas to develop their own creative compositions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.