- Table View
- List View
BASED ON TRUE STORIES FROM LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICIALS ACROSS THE COUNTRY
CRIMES AND MISDUMBMEANERS contains 100 stories of idiots such as * The thief who stole some loot from a car and then slammed the locked door- on his thumb. It stayed locked until the police arrived and arrested him. * An Indianapolis man urho robbed a gun from his neighbor's house. The gun didn't work and so he broke in again to return it. A robber who was told by a teller that she didn't have as much money as he wanted and it would take a few minutes to get it together. The man waited patiently while the teller got the money - and the police. * The homeowner who called 911 when he captured a thief on his property. The stolen goods were "my best marijuana plants." Police arrested the thief and the homeowner
I always ask a suspect, "Do you have any drugs tonight?" The suspect always says, "No, officer" with an incredible innocence and look of disbelief. Then I pat him down and I find a bag of crack, a Saturday Night Special, and a switchblade knife. He tells me he's never seen these things before. When I explain that they just came out of the pants he is wearing, without hesitating, the suspect always says, "But these aren't my pants!" One 300-pound dumb criminal got in even more trouble. Pointing to his 90-pound girlfriend, he explained, "They are hers. She used to be much larger." The police had to intervene to save the man from his petite but outraged friend. These Aren't My Pants! is a collection of 320 of the dumbest stories from the four best-selling America's Dumbest Criminals books and the popular television show along with 40 all-new stories. Every 6.8 seconds another dumb crime is committed. Here is the ultimate collection of the most incredibly stupid and painfully dumb attempts at crime including... * The accused vending-machine thief who paid his $400 bail entirely in quarters * The bank robber who had to go back to the bank for the car keys he had left on the counter * The woman who invalidated her winning $5,000 lottery ticket by altering it to match the $20 prize number * The two suspects on trial who raised their hands when the prosecutor asked the victim if those guilty were in the courtroom
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.