Most famous for the dambusting raid in the darkest days of the Second World War, the No 617 Sqn were a vastly experienced crew. It was the first, and only, squadron to use certain equipment and weapons in combat. This study covers the history of the No 617 Squadron. It explains the men, aircraft, weapons and operations of this squadron.
New insights into the evolution and nature of proteinsExploring several distinct approaches, this book describes the methods for comparing protein sequences and protein structures in order to identify homologous relationships and classify proteins and protein domains into evolutionary families. Readers will discover the common features as well as the key philosophical differences underlying the major protein classification systems, including Pfam, Panther, SCOP, and CATH. Moreover, they'll discover how these systems can be used to understand the evolution of protein families as well as understand and predict the degree to which structural and functional information are shared between relatives in a protein family.Edited and authored by leading international experts, Protein Families offers new insights into protein families that are important to medical research as well as protein families that help us understand biological systems and key biological processes such as cell signaling and the immune response. The book is divided into three sections: Section I: Concepts Underlying Protein Family Classification reviews the major strategies for identifying homologous proteins and classifying them into families. Section II: In-Depth Reviews of Protein Families focuses on some fascinating super protein families for which we have substantial amounts of sequence, structural and functional data, making it possible to trace the emergence of functionally diverse relatives. Section III: Review of Protein Families in Important Biological Systems examines protein families associated with a particular biological theme, such as the cytoskeleton.All chapters are extensively illustrated, including depictions of evolutionary relationships. References at the end of each chapter guide readers to original research papers and reviews in the field.Covering protein family classification systems alongside detailed descriptions of select protein families, this book offers biochemists, molecular biologists, protein scientists, structural biologists, and bioinformaticians new insight into the evolution and nature of proteins.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.