When Jack Grammar was little, his sisters used to dress up and pretend he was their prom date. Now it is two weeks until his senior prom, something he's looked forward to since those days of pretend, and he is dateless. But Natalie and Percy, his two best friends, have a solution. Unbeknownst to Jack, they post an ad in the school's online newspaper and the challenge is on. Who will be Jack Grammar's prom date? Amid much angst, hilarity, and plot twists, Jack dates and discards girl after girl until the fateful day when he must choose. Bradley captures the trials of many nice-guy teenage boys, who are insecure in today's high-school culture of dating and in need of an infusion of self-confidence. Jack and his friends are fully developed characters, full of promise and senioritis. Although the girls who court Jack border on stereotypes, the descriptive details are dead on. A satisfying dose of humor and reality in a "boy romance" that many readers may enjoy but are too embarrassed to request.
Molly Ollinger can't stand perky Cassie Birchmeyer. When they are forced to collaborate on a school project, their bickering escalates into a food fight in the Sunshine Day School cafeteria. But because Sunshine Day isn't your average high school, the girls' punishment isn't detention--it's to work in the cafeteria as lunch ladies. Ewww. They'll have to cook up a way to get along in order to get themselves out of the kitchen. Seasoned with hilarious original songs, slams on traditional school-lunch menus, not to mention downright tasty recipes, Hot Lunch is the best thing to hit school lunch since Tater Tots.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.