- Table View
- List View
Human Geography 10th Edition includes all of the important concepts and theory on Human Geography as previous issues with a more succinct and engaging narrative while going in depth to touch on all the major themes of the topic. The text focuses on identity and how every human being forges an identity in a globalized world. It includes recurring coverage of "identity" and how people make places and shape identities to see global, local and individual implications of decisions that people make every day. The main objective of this issue is to provide more understanding of human systems from a spatial perspective; ways to think globally; and ways to understand real-world implications of Human Geography. The text will help encourage a better understanding of how to create an identity in a globalized world and how decisions happen in a global context and can have global impacts.
Human Geography: Culture, Society and Space challenges students to think geographically across scale and across a wide range of geographical phenomena and global issues. The authors engage the students throughout the text by posing geographical questions that encourage students to think critically about their own locality, region, nation, and world. In the Eighth Edition, the authors reformat the text to 14 chapters, provide a clear outline of key questions for each chapter, integrate their own field experiences, and rewrite the text to guide students through answers to geographic questions. The Eighth Edition includes three new chapters: 'Identity: Race, Ethnicity and Gender,' 'Local Culture, Popular Culture, and Cultural Landscapes,' and 'Geographic Networks. ' The concepts of globalization, identity, development, sense of place, and construction of scale are infused throughout the text. The author team draws from studies in geography and across disciplines to bring a broad and up-to-date perspective on the kinds of research geographers have done and are currently doing on a wide range of human geography topics. In the Eighth Edition, de Blij and Murphy welcome new coauthor Erin Hogan Fouberg (South Dakota State University), who brings her expertise in geography education and political geography. The author team created a new pedagogy and writing style for the Eighth Edition that make the book more accessible to students and faculty.
Human Geography gets general readers to think geographically across scale and across a wide range of geographical phenomena and global issues. All concepts and themes are touched on with the historical background one would expect, but also with current examples to make the reading more relevant. The content is written in such a way that it is approachable and appealing. It includes all of the important themes in a succinct and engaging narrative style that can easily be understood. From the Field boxes and opening vignettes help anyone who has not personally traveled much of the world. General readers will also find the latest data as they build their understanding of important concepts.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.