- Table View
- List View
In this mouthwatering adventure of culinary intrigue, chic Parisian Commissaire Capucine Le Tellier sets off on a hunting holiday that proves deadly for more than just the pheasants. . . It's meant to be a peaceful trip to the countryside-rustic picnics, dinners en plein air, and of course, a sip or two of Calvados. But even before Capucine and her husband, distinguished food critic Alexandre de Huguelet, arrive at her oncle's 16th-century ch teau, their idyllic destination has been thrown into turmoil by a fatal hunting accident. And the longer they stay, the more "accidents" happen. That these shootings are not accidental seems obvious. But the local gendarmerie prove either too unwilling or too incompetent to draw any other conclusion, leaving Capucine to puzzle out the crimes herself. And when the bodies lead to a celebrated cattle ranch, the stakes rise beyond small-town grudges to the struggle surrounding France's most beloved gastronomic traditions. Moving between the heady thrills of the City of Light and the stunning vistas of Normandy, Crime Fraiche is as tantalizing as a plate of charcuterie and Camembert, and as impossible to resist.
Praise for Alexander Campion and the Capucine Culinary Mysteries"Delectable. . . . sure to please the most discriminating palates. "--Publishers Weekly on Killer Critique "This intelligent series. . . will appeal to a diversity of readers. Devotees of G. M. Malliet and Charles Todd will especially enjoy this different and delicious series. "--Booklist on Killer Critique "Full of amusing characters. . . . Readers will want a second helping. "--Publishers Weekly on The Grave Gourmet "This new series offers a uniquely blended mix of 'hooks' that will appeal to a wide variety of mystery lovers. " --Booklist on The Grave Gourmet "Features lively dialogue, much discussion of culinary delights, a peek into the French criminal justice system, and a pleasing mystery. "--Library Journal on The Grave Gourmet "An astonishing debut that raises the bar on today's detective novel. "--Aram Saroyan on The Grave Gourmet "A feast of crime with a soupçon of gourmet delight. " --RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars, on Crime Fraiche
From the Champs-Élysées to the twinkling banks of la Seine, chic Parisian policewoman Capucine LeTellier plunges into a uniquely Parisian affair of gastronomic delights and bureaucratic intrigue to close a case that could make her career--or kill it. . . After dining on such delicacies as oyster sorbet and avocado soufflé, Jean-Louis Delage, président of automotive giant Renault, has been found dead in the freezer of Le Diapason, a three-star restaurant owned by Chef Jean-Basille Labrousse, a renowned restaurateur extraordinaire. Capucine is uniquely suited to the case, as her husband Alexandre is a food critic well-connected to the culinary world. In between sharing sumptuous meals and fine wine with Alexandre at Paris finest eateries, Capucine struggles to win the respect of her new squad of detectives and crack both the case and the guarded secrets of the restaurant staff. Praise for Alexander Campions The Grave Gourmet "Full of amusing characters. . . Readers will want a second helping. " --Publishers Weekly "A delicious mystery. . . a fun book with a very different flavor. " --Carolyn Haines, author of the Bones Mysteries"An astonishing debut that raises the bar on todays detective novel. " --Aram Saroyan, author of Door to the River "Saucy, spicy, tasty. . . ooh-la-la!" --Kate Collins
Now a seasoned member of the Paris Police Judiciaire, the ever fashionable and whip smart Commissaire Capucine Le Tellier is finding murder to be more than just the spécialité du jour. . . When the senior food critic for Le Figaro is found face-first in a plate of Ravioles d'horand, there seem to be as many suspects as there are restaurants in the City of Light. Yet Capucine feels she'll solve the case quicker than it takes to serve up an omelet aux fines herbes. Un problem, murders of food critics have become an epidemic. As the bodies pile up, un, deux, trois, so do the suspects, including a sexy starlet, an award-winning novelist, and a smorgasbord of aggravated chefs. While Capucine struggles to zero in on the murderer's tastes, she is confronted with a false dilemma: file and forget the case, leaving restaurant critics across France vulnerable to a killer's episodic cravings, or use her husband, Alexandre, himself a famous food journalist, as irresistible bait. Filled with delectable intrigue and ripe with quirky suspects, with a dash of Freudian idées de grandeur, Killer Critique is a feast worth killing for. . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.