- Table View
- List View
For this tenth edition of a text/CD-ROM package, Young (Everest College-Arlington Midcities) and Proctor (director, medical assisting program, Butler County Community College) incorporate an approach that is reflected in the book's subtitle: an applied learning approach. There is new information on procedures for managing an office, and new material on how the HIPAA Privacy Rule benefits the healthcare industry and the patient. Also new to this edition is the integration of administrative concepts into discussions on the various diseases and conditions within each medical specialty. This feature is intended to transcend the traditional separation of administrative and clinical topics. Each clinical specialty chapter has been revised, with expanded focus on medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and pathophysiology. The CD-ROM contains scenarios and questions, anatomy and physiology animations, and a demo derived from a medical office software program, allowing students to practice front office skills. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
This leading, well-established textbook covers the administrative and clinical skills all medical assistants need to know, integrating all of the topics and skills competencies required by the AAMA entry-level Medical Assisting Curriculum. It features chapter outlines and learning objectives as well as relevant material dealing with personal qualities, skills, responsibilities, types of patient education, and legal and ethical issues. The unique Kinn approach - teaching essential skills alongside the medical specialty context - is the signature feature of this book. In addition, the 9th edition introduces a new "applied learning approach" that focuses on a real-world context for skills and requires the student to apply theory and skills to various case studies throughout the chapters.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.