- Table View
- List View
The most comprehensive medical assisting resource available, Kinn's The Medical Assistant, 11th Edition provides unparalleled coverage of the practical, real-world administrative and clinical skills essential to your success in health care. Kinn's 11th Edition combines current, reliable content with innovative support tools to deliver an engaging learning experience and help you confidently prepare for today's competitive job market. Study more effectively with detailed Learning Objectives, Vocabulary terms and definitions, and Connections icons that link important concepts in the text to corresponding exercises and activities throughout the companion Evolve Resources website and Study Guide & Procedure Checklist Manual. Apply what you learn to realistic administrative and clinical situations through an Applied Learning Approach that integrates case studies at the beginning and end of each chapter. Master key skills and clinical procedures through step-by-step instructions and full-color illustrations that clarify techniques. Confidently meet national medical assisting standards with clearly identified objectives and competencies incorporated throughout the text. Sharpen your analytical skills and test your understanding of key concepts with critical thinking exercises. Understand the importance of patient privacy with the information highlighted in helpful HIPAA boxes. Demonstrate your proficiency to potential employers with an interactive portfolio builder on the companion Evolve Resources website. Familiarize yourself with the latest administrative office trends and issues including the Electronic Health Record. Confidently prepare for certification exams with online practice exams and an online appendix that mirrors the exam outlines and provides fast, efficient access to related content. Enhance your value to employers with an essential understanding of emerging disciplines and growing specialty areas. Find information quickly and easily with newly reorganized chapter content and charting examples. Reinforce your understanding through medical terminology audio pronunciations, Archie animations, Medisoft practice management software exercises, chapter quizzes, review activities, and more on a completely revised companion Evolve Resources website.
For this tenth edition of a text/CD-ROM package, Young (Everest College-Arlington Midcities) and Proctor (director, medical assisting program, Butler County Community College) incorporate an approach that is reflected in the book's subtitle: an applied learning approach. There is new information on procedures for managing an office, and new material on how the HIPAA Privacy Rule benefits the healthcare industry and the patient. Also new to this edition is the integration of administrative concepts into discussions on the various diseases and conditions within each medical specialty. This feature is intended to transcend the traditional separation of administrative and clinical topics. Each clinical specialty chapter has been revised, with expanded focus on medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, and pathophysiology. The CD-ROM contains scenarios and questions, anatomy and physiology animations, and a demo derived from a medical office software program, allowing students to practice front office skills. Annotation ©2008 Book News, Inc. , Portland, OR (booknews. com)
This leading, well-established textbook covers the administrative and clinical skills all medical assistants need to know, integrating all of the topics and skills competencies required by the AAMA entry-level Medical Assisting Curriculum. It features chapter outlines and learning objectives as well as relevant material dealing with personal qualities, skills, responsibilities, types of patient education, and legal and ethical issues. The unique Kinn approach - teaching essential skills alongside the medical specialty context - is the signature feature of this book. In addition, the 9th edition introduces a new "applied learning approach" that focuses on a real-world context for skills and requires the student to apply theory and skills to various case studies throughout the chapters.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.