- Table View
- List View
Critical Issues in Special Education is an analysis of important conceptual and practical issues that face special education professionals. Part One illustrates the background and status of special education through current analysis of fundamental guiding practices. Part Two focuses on key practices in special education services. Part Three provides an analysis of social, political, legal, and economic activity reflected in special education practice.
This wee book is full of inspiring ideas, and good pointers on how to be the best teacher you can be. Written by two noted Special Educators these pointers apply to any teacher from Nursery school to a Ph.D. adviser. Worth the look if you are or want to be a teacher. "People with disabilities are just like everybody else. They have dreams, goals, and aspirations just like their neighbors and peers. When they are children, they deserve the same educational experiences as their neighbors and peers: Good teachers who hold high expectations for success; good teachers who know how to manage classrooms to maximize learning opportunities for all students; and, good teachers who teach them to read, to do mathematics, or to do anything else they need or want to learn. Nothing about having a disability limits an individual's desire to learn. Nothing about having a disability should limit the willingness of a teacher to teach. Good teaching is good teaching and there are no boundaries on where it can occur and who will profit from it. We believe this and try to make it happen whenever we teach. Now it is up to you."
The characteristics associated with LD, and practical teaching strategies proven to increase the success rate of students both inside and outside the classroom.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.