- Table View
- List View
Hackensack rose from humble beginnings as a pre-Colonial meeting place for the Achkenheshacky people, members of the Lenni-Lenape tribe. In 1614, Dutch fur traders were the first Europeans to come to the area. Ancient footpaths served the new settlers well, and some of these paths became roads that are still in use today. The most quintessentially American of these roads, Main Street, terminates at a place known as "the Green," which provided a place to rest for a weary George Washington and his troops in 1776. It is also the site of the oldest church in Bergen County. Once a lure for New Yorkers seeking recreational outlets, Hackensack attracted many new permanent residents during the mid- to late 1800s. As the hub of Bergen County, the city led the way as the area moved away from its agrarian roots to a more industrialized society. In more recent times, Hackensack has been the birthplace of one of the seven original astronauts, home to the practice ice for three gold-medal-winning Olympic figure skaters, and a favorite lyric for singers and songwriters such as Billy Joel, Jimi Hendrix, Fountains of Wayne, and Johnny Cash.
Now in its 11th Edition, Petretti's Coca-Cola Collectibles Price Guide is the one resource that legions of collectors have turned to as their definitive source for identifying and valuing nearly a century of treasures. This expanded and updated edition - four years in the making - is the best volume yet. In addition to current collector values, descriptions and photos for thousands of items, this edition contains more than twice as much color as in the past - 160 color plates in all - loaded with crisp clear photos of the most-desirable Coca-Cola collectibles. New and expanded color sections feature trays, calendars, bottles, the "Diamond Design" from the 1960s and much more. New guidelines for grading and evaluating items, along with a variety of resources to help both new and experienced collectors, will prove invaluable. This new volume is truly the ultimate resource for answering your Coca-Cola collecting questions.
Chapter by colorful chapter of Coca-Cola calendars, serving trays, bottles, signs, vintage advertisements, toys, coolers, dispensers and countless other items representing the foremost name in soda pop collectibles await you, in this new edition of the superior Coca-Cola collectibles identification and values reference.
One of the world's most recognizable brands is one a wildly popular category among collectors. Passionate collectors will discover tools to maintain and enhance collections, and learn more about the company's 120 year-old history, in this exciting book. Warman's Coca-Cola Collectibles: Identification and Price Guide features countless chapters of Coca-Cola's broad range of collectible items, and offers readers: 1,500 vivid color photos to help identify and assess items before purchasing or selling Reliable market prices and detailed descriptions Tips on spotting fakes and reproductions - a potentially huge cost benefit to collectors In all, this exhaustive Coca-Cola reference features items from 1880s to 1960s including calendars, toys, serving trays, bottles and coolers.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.