- Table View
- List View
This latest installment in the bestselling 100 Word series settles the score on 100 controversies and misconceptions about words with difficult or slippery pronunciations.
How do you choose the best word for a sentence? The American Heritage(R) Children's Thesaurus has a wide range of entries and carefully selected synonyms which will add color and precision to writing at every level. With its innovative design, The American Heritage(R) Children's Thesaurus encourages students to distinguish among an array of synonyms by testing each word against an example sentence. Synonyms are grouped according to meaning and usage, helping students learn to think analytically and to be selective. This unique book will expand children's vocabularies while teaching them valuable new word skills. Features include more than 35,000 synonyms, a clear sample sentence for every sense of every entry, lively full-color photographs throughout, and more than 100 antonyms and word-group features.
Let the mischievous elephant acquaint young children with the magic of prepositions.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.