- Table View
- List View
This latest installment in the bestselling 100 Word series settles the score on 100 controversies and misconceptions about words with difficult or slippery pronunciations.
How do you choose the best word for a sentence? The American Heritage(R) Children's Thesaurus has a wide range of entries and carefully selected synonyms which will add color and precision to writing at every level. With its innovative design, The American Heritage(R) Children's Thesaurus encourages students to distinguish among an array of synonyms by testing each word against an example sentence. Synonyms are grouped according to meaning and usage, helping students learn to think analytically and to be selective. This unique book will expand children's vocabularies while teaching them valuable new word skills. Features include more than 35,000 synonyms, a clear sample sentence for every sense of every entry, lively full-color photographs throughout, and more than 100 antonyms and word-group features.
Let the mischievous elephant acquaint young children with the magic of prepositions.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.