- Table View
- List View
First aid training booklet.
Designed to simplify learning, the participants manual reinforces key points from the course. The manual can also be used as a reference for working lifeguards after the course.
People are drawn to water. Look at any waterfront and you will likely see boardwalks, beaches, bike paths, marinas and plenty of people enjoying themselves. Couples and students on spring break seek tropical beaches as vacation spots while families flock to waterparks and lake cabins. Commercial fishermen and mariners take to the water for their livelihoods. Water is an important part of our lives.
Content reflects the 2005 Consensus on Science for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) and the Guidelines 2005 for First Aid. This participant's manual features the latest automated external defibrillation (AED) information and skills.
This textbook has been designed to facilitate your learning and understanding of the knowledge and skills required to effectively respond to emergency situations.
This participant's textbook is part of the American Red Cross Responding to Emergencies: Comprehensive First Aid/CPR/AED program. The emergency care procedures outlined in this book reflect the standard of knowledge and accepted emergency practices in the United States at the time this book was published.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.