- Table View
- List View
First aid training booklet.
People are drawn to water. Look at any waterfront and you will likely see boardwalks, beaches, bike paths, marinas and plenty of people enjoying themselves. Couples and students on spring break seek tropical beaches as vacation spots while families flock to waterparks and lake cabins. Commercial fishermen and mariners take to the water for their livelihoods. Water is an important part of our lives.
Content reflects the 2005 Consensus on Science for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (ECC) and the Guidelines 2005 for First Aid. This participant's manual features the latest automated external defibrillation (AED) information and skills.
This textbook has been designed to facilitate your learning and understanding of the knowledge and skills required to effectively respond to emergency situations.
This participant's textbook is part of the American Red Cross Responding to Emergencies: Comprehensive First Aid/CPR/AED program. The emergency care procedures outlined in this book reflect the standard of knowledge and accepted emergency practices in the United States at the time this book was published.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.