- Table View
- List View
Contracting With Organized Delivery Systems: Selecting, Evaluating, and Negotiating Contracts (APA Practitioner's Toolbox Series)by American Psychological Association
This manual was written to serve both as a reference and as a tool to help providers practice more efficiently in a changing, demanding marketplace. Discusses terminology, contract evaluation, Payer and Provider Responsibilities. Good tool for therapist considering working with managed care systems.
Getting In: A Step-by-Step Plan For Gaining Admission to Graduate School In Psychology (Second Edition)by American Psychological Association
Getting In, Second Edition is an update of the American Psychological Associations essential resource for anyone considering graduate study in psychology. This handy, readable book simplifies the process for applicants and increases their chances of being accepted. Useful timelines, tips, and tools break the tasks into manageable steps and help readers define their goals, select programs, and navigate the application process. A monthly timetable and detailed worksheets for selecting the best program matches are included, and a resource section provides a list of publications and organizations that are useful in the various phases of applying. Readers will learn what criteria admissions committees use to evaluate applicants, how to improve their qualifications, and how to showcase their talents in personal essays, letters of recommendations, and preselection interviews. The costs of a graduate education and financial aid information specific to graduate students are also discussed. Members of special populations, such as women, ethnic minorities, gay and lesbian applicants, and applicants with disabilities will find resources and guidance particular to their needs. While applying to graduate school can be challenging, this book demystifies the process and allays students concerns about how to tackle it.
In 1999 the APA Publications and Communications Board authorized work to begin on this fifth edition of the Publication Manual.
The style manual of choice for writers, editors, students, and educators in the social and behavioral sciences, this updated "Publication Manual" provides invaluable guidance on all aspects of the writing process, from the ethics of authorship to the word choice that best reduces bias.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.