- Table View
- List View
With the development of fungal transformation systems and the deciphering of an increasing number of fungal genomes, this diverse clade of heterotrophic eukaryotic organisms has proven to be ideal for molecular work and highly serviceable as model systems to study basic processes with results that are applicable to many organisms, including humans. In Molecular and Cell Biology Methods for Fungi, experts in the field provide an up-to-date set of practical protocols covering a range of frequently used methods used to study molecular and cellular aspects of fungal biology. The included classical protocols such as transformation systems and traditional protein analysis methods, which have been widely used for many years, alongside the most advanced techniques such as genome amplification, whole genome knockout methods, and sophisticated in vivo imaging techniques will prove to be easily adaptable and useful in a wide range of species. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Comprehensive and up-to-date, Molecular and Cell Biology Methods for Fungi seeks to provide cutting-edge techniques in order to aid both experienced fungal research laboratories as well as those that are interested in using fungi as hosts to study their favorite genes.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.