- Table View
- List View
Lazy days. . . sultry nights. . . and sizzling guys with rippling muscles doing what they do best . . . Luscious by Lori FosterBethany Churchill just quit her lousy job, dumped her lousy boyfriend and moved into a new apartment. She's not looking for love, but her hot new landlord, SWAT officer Lucius Ryder, aka "Luscious," is determined to change her mind. Before long, Bethany is tempted to find out if he's really as delicious as his nickname. . . It's About Time by Erin McCarthyCounty prosecutor Trish Jones has had it with smooth-talking, under-performing suits. And though she's never had a thing for big, brawny guys, one look at Caleb Vancouver makes her think she might have been missing out. One Harley ride later they're back at her place, and she realizes she has been missing out. . . on quite a lot. . . Wish You Were Here by Amy GarveyPhotographer Mackenzie Pruitt knows exactly what she wants her future to look like, and this summer that means renovating a dilapidated shed into a studio. But when hunky carpenter Leo Dawson shows up, she'd much rather have his capable hands on her than on a hammer. . . "A Lori Foster book is like a glass of good champagne-sexy and sparkling. " -Jayne Ann Krentz"McCarthy will have you giggling on page one, fanning yourself by page twenty-five and rooting for the hero and heroine the whole way through" -Romantic Times Book Reviews
With its towering mountains, sun-scorched deserts, fierce wildlife, and hard-to-predict weather, the American West ranks among the most forbidding places on Earth. Yet many are drawn to the beauty of this wild and rugged region. Some are daredevils. . . some are athletes. . . and some are outdoors enthusiasts who find themselves in a chilling battle for survival. In their extraordinary, heart-stopping true stories, you will discover how much can go wrong when people find themselves caught in the cross-hairs of nature's power. . . Dare To Survive Flash floods, plane crashes, animal attacks, avalanches, landslides--these devastating phenomena all too often claim the lives of men, women, and children in the American West. But some beat the odds, living to tell about their terrifying ordeals. There are inspirational stories of extreme survival and tremendous bravery. Of the hiker who--though armed with only a knife--survived a 30-minute nightmare with a cougar. . . of the backcountry snowboarder buried alive by an avalanche, saved with only minutes to spare. . . of the outdoorsman pinned by an 800-pound boulder who freed himself by amputating his own arm. And there are the unexplainable, senseless tragedies--the little girl whose mysterious disappearance at a national park was never solved. . . the inexperienced charter pilot who crashed trying to beat curfew in a snowstorm. . . and the veteran backwoods camper who, despite every precaution, fell victim to a fatal bear attack. What does it take to endure the impossible? Dare to Survive tackles that question as it vividly reminds us that when danger strikes, survival becomes the ultimate human challenge. "This frightening but enjoyable book reveals that Mother Nature has more ways to kill than even the toughest Mafia godfather. " --Ted Schwarz, author of Hollywood Confidential: How the Studios Beat the Mob at Their Own Game Rick Rinehart is a publisher, writer, and former Colorado Humanities Scholar whose honors include recognition by the National Park Service for contributions to wolf recovery in Yellowstone National Park. His wife, Amy Rinehart, is a former publisher of endurance sports books who consults with outdoor retail and environmental organizations in the development of publishing programs. Rick and Amy live in Lafayette, Colorado.
Letters To My Readers - MaryJanice DavidsonSix people are missing from a mystery weekend, and aspiring mystery writer Caro Swenson is on the case with a hot-but-possibly homicidal hunk who seems to want to get his hands on Caro's. . . clues. Single White Dead Guy - Amy GarveyLanie Burke spent one insanely hot night with Mr. Drop-Dead Gorgeous. Now he's just dead on the steps of her cabin. What to do with the body? Hopefully, she can get some help from the cute guy with groceries tromping through the snow toward her. . . Fast Boys - Jennifer ApodacaHow did Tess Collins get caught up in a sleazy tabloid reporter's bid to get the dirt on NASCAR's pin-up boy, Ark Underwood? How did the jerk reporter end up dead on Underwood's hotel room floor? How is Tess going to save Ark's reputation? Or say no to his every desire? Three Men And A Body - Nancy J. CohenReality show contestant Heather Payne's assignment is simple: get a bed-and-breakfast in Winter Park up and running within seven days. But when accidents start plaguing the show, Heather begins to suspect the contestant she's sleeping with. . .
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.