- Table View
- List View
Our Student Book has been approved by AQA.Support the transition from GCSE and through the new A-level specification with a single textbook that has clear progression through four defined stages of learning suitable for a range of abilities.We have developed a completely new textbook designed specifically to meet the demands of the new 2016 specification. The Student Book covers both AS and A-level in one textbook to help students build on and develop their language skills as they progress throughout the course. - Exposes students to authentic target language material with topical stimulus, and film and literature tasters for every work- Supports the transition from GCSE with clear progression through four stages of learning: transition, AS, A-level and extension- Builds grammar and translation skills with topic-related practice and a comprehensive grammar reference section- Develops language skills with a variety of tasks, practice questions and research activities- Gives students the tools they need to succeed with learning strategies throughout - Prepares students for the assessment with advice on essay-writing and the new individual research projectAudio resources to accompany the Student Book can be purchased in several ways: 1) as part of the Dynamic Learning Teaching and Learning resource, 2) downloaded separately, 3) as part of the Student eTextbook. The audio resources are not part of the AQA approval process.
Third-grader Linden is worried about his assignment to "think about his future." Unlike everybody else in his family, he can't decide what he wants to do--except make people happy. But his parents, the dentist, and big brother Tony soon convince Linden that he'll achieve any goal he sets.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.