- Table View
- List View
From the Book Jacket: "Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole." -Roger Caras For thousands of years, dogs have been cherished as devoted companions and exuberant playmates-their unconditional love, limitless affection and unwavering loyalty never fail to melt our hearts. The stories in Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul truly capture the special joy these four-legged creatures bring to our lives and hearts. The family that learns the true meaning of Christmas when their Lab needs medical care during the holidays. The intimidating Doberman who becomes a loving mother to an orphaned duckling. The homeless man whose life is changed when he meets a special dog. The pocket-size assistance dog who dials 9-1-1 The crafty beagle-mix with the munchies who help; himself from the refrigerator . . . and many more unforgettable canine characters. From exciting and entertaining accounts of courage and humor to heartwarming tales of healing and learning, each touching story in this book will inspire dog lovers to rejoice in the unique bond they share with their canine companions. Jack Canfield and Mark Victor Hansen are the #1 New York Times and USA Today bestselling authors of the Chicken Soup for the Soul series. Marty Becker, D.V.M., resident veterinarian on "Good Morning America" and Carol Kline, animal rescue volunteer, are the coauthors of Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul and Chicken Soup for the Cat and Dog Lover's Soul. Amy D. Shojai is an animal behavior consultant, pet journalist and author of twenty-one pet care books including PETiquette .
How to treat wounds, injuries and diseases in dogs and cats. Veterinary emergencies, your essential medicine chest, how to prevent accidents, symptom finder, and more.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.