- Table View
- List View
Teaching the Arts: Early Childhood and Primary Education provides a comprehensive and exciting introduction to Arts education in Australia and New Zealand. By illustrating the fundamental links between theory and practice, this book equips students with the skills and knowledge to teach the Arts. The book covers each of the five Arts strands -dance, drama, media arts, music and visual arts - in detail. Each chapter encourages readers to engage with the Arts and provides opportunities to develop understanding and practical skills through reflective questions, examples and activities. Teaching the Arts draws important links to the Australian Curriculum, the New Zealand Curriculum, the Early Years Learning Framework and TeWhariki, and includes substantial references to Indigenous histories and cultures, relationships with Asia, and sustainability. Generously illustrated and featuring excellent on-line resources, Teaching the Arts is an indispensable resource for pre-service teachers.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.