- Table View
- List View
Nina and her mother Joyce are always on the move. They own nothing and they don't stay anywhere for long. As Nina begins to yearn for a settled life and lasting friendships, Joyce begins to move at a more frantic pace. Will Nina ever get the stability she craves?
Tired of their usual routine, the farm animals insist on moving into the house, so the family decides to move into the barn, but eventually everyone tires of this new arrangement.
Rachel Carson was always curious about the world around her. As a girl, she loved being outside, exploring and learning more about the universe. As an adult, Rachel wrote books, including Silent Spring, considered to be the start of today's environmental movement. An epilogue highlights on Rachel Carson's work and life.
The award-winning companion to Volume One of WHEN I WAS YOUR AGE--now in paperback "Tell me a story of when you were little," children everywhere love to ask. In this acclaimed collection, ten award-winning, well-known writers comply by reaching across their own childhoods to those of their readers. Whether telling of growing up in Japan or upstate New York or the California coast, recalling The Great Depression or World War II or the 1950s, describing children's victories or heartaches, the writers of these stories make it clear that despite the difference between one childhood and another, all children share a complex humanity and a deep capacity for joy.
The stories are: "In the Blink of an Eye" by Norma Fox Mazer; "Food from the Outside" by Rita Williams-Garcia; "Interview with a Shrimp" by Paul Fleischman; "The Long Closet" by Jane Yolen; "How I Lost My Station in Life" by E. L. Konigsburg; "Bus Problems" by Howard Norman; "Pegasus for a Summer" by Michael J. Rosen; "Learning to Swim" by Kyoko Mori; "Waiting for Midnight" by Karen Hesse; "The Snapping Turtle" by Joseph Bruchac
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.