- Table View
- List View
Deck the haunted halls for a romantic holiday starring one shy writer and a cynical journalist. . . and oh yes, a ghost. . . . Snow on the roofs and wreaths on the doors and chains on the tires. . . isn't Christmas in New England wonderful? But Charlotte Prescott is too busy taking in super-sexy reporter Sam Landry to notice the nip in the air. Make that the nip in the air alternating with the scorching heat that rises whenever she and Sam are alone together. Charlotte would be happy to forget the supernatural third wheel who seems to be staying for the season in the quaint old house she inherited. It is real. Someone's slurping down all the good eggnog. And something is drawing Charlie and Sam together under the mistletoe--not to mention everywhere else. Happy holidays! Directions for mixing Fabulous Christmas Cocktails included! Fast-paced, cleverly humorous romance. --Romantic Times on Hot Date, four and half star reviewsAmy Garvey delivers! --Donna Kauffman
It was a beautiful, warm summer day, the day Danny died. Suddenly Wren was alone and shattered. In a heartbroken fury, armed with dark incantations and a secret power, Wren decides that what she wants-what she must do-is to bring Danny back. But the Danny who returns is just a shell of the boy Wren fell in love with. His touch is icy; his skin, smooth and stiff as marble; his chest, cruelly silent when Wren rests her head against it. Wren must keep Danny a secret, hiding him away, visiting him at night, while her life slowly unravels around her. Then Gabriel DeMarnes transfers to her school, and Wren realizes that somehow, inexplicably, he can sense the powers that lie within her-and that he knows what she has done. And now Gabriel wants to help make things right. But Wren alone has to undo what she has wrought-even if it means breaking her heart all over again.
Fans of Beautiful Creatures will fall head over heels for Glass Heart by Amy Garvey, with its blend of breathless suspense, passionate romance, and magic. In Cold Kiss, Wren Darby learned she had powers strong enough to bring her dead boyfriend back to life. She thought she had to keep these powers a secret from everyone, until she met Gabriel, a mind reader who instantly learned her deepest secret. In the sequel, Glass Heart, Wren is torn between her love for Gabriel and the rush of exploring her powers. When Gabriel warns Wren that her powers are getting out of control, Wren begins spending more time with Bay and Fiona, whose magic is wild, exhilarating--and dangerous. And by the time Wren realizes Gabriel was right, she may already have lost him
Needed: One Hot Man. . . Soon-to-be-ex-husband in the rearview mirror. Hometown, straight ahead. Grace Lamb at the wheel, beginning a whole new life in an about-to-drop-dead old VW bus. She plans to start a gardening business in the charming hamlet of Wrightsville, PA, and put her green thumb to good use. Hey, why not? Flowers, ferns, even plain old grass like her. . . they really like her. What could go wrong? Everything, once the bus breaks down and a local cop pulls over to help. One look through the windshield and Grace is feeling lucky again. The man in blue is none other than Nick Griffin, her former childhood crush, all grown up and looking incredibly handsome and sexy. Yes, officer, there is a problem. . . . . . Whos Ready For Romance At last. Something to do. Wrightsville isnt the most exciting beat, despite nabbing the hardened criminal who stole the librarys Harry Potter collection. Nick Griffin cant take his eyes off the drop-dead gorgeous redhead with the broken-down VW bus. Graces looks may have changed for the better (way better) since she was a kid following Nick and her big brother around, but hes about to find out that she still gets into the strangest scrapes. And from messing with the mob over a bunch of vintage sex toys (dont ask) to making Nick forget he has a brain when she happens to touch him, Grace still drives him crazy. Except now hes falling crazy in love. . .
The photographs lining the mantel of the Butterfield home tell their story. From shots of Michael and Tess as high school sweethearts to images of their daughter's wedding they look like the perfect family. But behind the pictures is a different tale that doesn't quite fit the love-at-first-sight, happily-ever-after version of Tess and Michael's marriage. And it's a tale that's revealed by a shocking phone call out of the blue. With that one call the fabric of their life together shifts, and everything they believe is challenged. Are they the perfect family? Or is that a facade as thin as the photos themselves?
Olivia Callender needs to rehabilitate her hotel but she's been daydreaming through the past few years until her uncle threatens to take over the hotel. And Rhys Spencer isn't helping her either.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.