Wallpaper* City Guidesnot only suggest where to stay, what to eat, and what to drink, but what the tourist passionate about design might want to see, whether he or she has a week or just 24 hours in the city. <P> <P> Some of the highlights include up-and-coming neighborhoods, an `Architour? of landmark buildings, design centers, and the best shops to buy unique items. Wallpaper* City Guidespresent travelers with a fast-track ticket to the chosen location. The tightly-edited guides offer the best, most exciting, and the most beautiful of the featured city. The guides are expertly designed with function as a priority, and they have tabbed sections so that readers can find information easily. The guides include currency rate information, maps, and a color-coding system to help the reader navigate through different parts of the city. They are the ultimate combination of form and function. The guides are compiled byWallpaper*magazine experts and their extraordinary network of international correspondents. The writers have put their heads together to come up with fascinating, efficient guides for the hip, urban traveler with his or her finger on the pulse. They are truly the insider's guide to each featured city. The firstWallpaper* City Guideswere published in Fall 2006 on the occasion ofWallpaper*?sfirst anniversary. For more than a decade,Wallpaper*has been the first to uncover and enticingly present the best urban travel spots from across the globe. The City Guides are the perfect way to present a decade of experience in one precisely edited guide. As of early 2010, there are 80 city guides available, with seven more on the way by the end of the year.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.