- Table View
- List View
Lecturers, why waste time waiting for the post to arrive? Click on the above icon and receive your e-inspection copy today! Providing an overview of the knowledge, skills and understanding needed to teach the primary curriculum, this book offers an informed critical approach to the teaching of core and foundation subjects in primary education. Underpinned by contemporary research and current policy The Primary Curriculum combines coverage of key subject-specific issues with relevant pedagogical approaches to teaching, offering a comprehensive overview of each major subject of primary education. Particular emphasis is placed on cross-curricular and creative approaches to teaching intelligently across different subject areas within the current curriculum framework. Curriculum progression from Foundation Stage through to Key Stage 2 is also emphasised. The Primary Curriculum is an essential companion for all students on primary initial teacher education courses. Patricia Driscoll and Judith Roden are established primary education authors and teach on initial teacher education courses at Canterbury Christ Church University. Andrew Lambirth is Professor of Education at University of Greenwich.
Teaching Early Reading and Phonics: Creative Approaches to Early Literacy supports teachers using phonics in their teaching of early reading. The authors show how important it is to ensure that children acquire a wide range of reading strategies, while also setting out practical 'pointers' which will enable teachers to translate the theory into effective practice. Readers will learn how to plan phonics within a rich, interactive and playful literacy pedagogy; how to construct relationships with the young readers in their classes and the texts around them; how to embed the teaching of phonics in carefully selected high quality materials - particularly in children's literature. Written for practicing teachers, student teachers on initial teacher training courses at undergraduate and graduate levels, the book will also be useful for advisors working on continuing professional development.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.