- Table View
- List View
#1 "New York Times"-bestselling biographer Morton paints a mesmerizing portrait of the secret history and private life of gorgeous, exotic, and mysterious icon Angelina Jolie. This biography describes the actress's childhood, battle with drugs, 2 marriages, acting/modeling career, relationship with actor Brad Pitt, and the adoptions and births of her 6 children.
From her fairy-tale wedding and the births of her two wonderful boys to the stunning collapse of her marriage, Diana's luminous but troubled life transfixed millions. Despite enduring heartbreak, illness, and depression, she never wavered in her commitment to the less fortunate, or in her determination to make a better life for herself and her sons. This revealing book is the closest we will ever come to her autobiography -- a lasting and powerful testament to her courage and spirit.
Morton's extensive, in-depth interviews with members of Madonna's inner circle allow him to unmask the real Madonna. Andrew Morton unfolds the real story of Madonna's family background; her relationships with Michael Jackson, Prince, John F. Kennedy Jr., Vanilla Ice, and other rock and Hollywood stars; the mystery man she wanted to marry; and the darkest days of her career. In this fascinating, richly detailed biography, Andrew Morton reveals Madonna in an entirely new light.
HE'S A HOLLYWOOD SUPERSTAR ... A CONTROVERSIAL FILM DIRECTOR ... ONE OF THE SEXIEST MEN ALIVE (AT LEAST ACCORDING TO PEOPLE MAGAZINE ) ... AND NOW MEL GIBSON WANTS TO HELP YOU BE ALL YOU CAN BE! When Mel Gibson wakes up in jail after being arrested for DUI, he doesn't quite remember what happened the night before, but he's not worried. After all, he's Mel Gibson! Whatever he might have said or done, he's confident it will all blow over. Because if there's one thing Mel knows for sure, it's how to live the charmed life he so richly deserves!And since Mel has a couple of hours to kill before his lawyers show up, he's decided to share his secrets of happiness with you mere mortals. Here you'll find Mel's exclusive tips for career success, romance, keeping fit, facing your fears, money matters, and even surviving a nuclear apocalypse! With a foreword by Jesus Christ Himself and an appendix of Mel's favorite cocktails (like the Tequila Sunrise: Take one bottle of tequila, drink 'til sunrise), this is the definitive guide to living the good life, Mel Gibson-style. (This book is not in any way affiliated with or authorized by the real Mel Gibson. Or Jesus Christ, for that matter.)
"The girl who caught the eye of President Bill Clinton, a man of acknowledged sexual charisma and more than twice her age, is a person of endless contrasts: sure of her own mind yet unsure of herself; possessed of a high sense of entitlement but a low sense of self-worth; a girl with a fierce and sometimes perverse loyalty to others but little regard for her own survival. " -From the Forward
On the afternoon of Wednesday, 24 July 2002, two shifts of miners eighteen men in all entered the Black Wolf Coal Company's Quecreek No. 1 Mine, a few miles north-west of the town of Somerset, Pennsylvania. Some seven hours later, nine men were trapped by rapidly rising water in a cavern more than 200 feet below ground, and the nine others, drenched and exhausted, had managed to struggle out to safety. This is the story of a disaster that so nearly claimed those nine lives, and of the brilliant and heroic efforts of the rescuers who, three days later, finally managed to bring the trapped miners safely back to the surface. It is, too, the account of an unfolding drama, as first Pennsylvania, then all America, and finally the world, watched and hoped as the rescue was played out in the full glare of the media.
Young, good-looking, famous and rich, there is no better-known celebrity couple than Posh and Becks. In this biography, Andrew Morton reveals the truth behind the headlines. He examines Victoria's relationship with the other Spice Girls and David's relationship with Manchester United.
A riveting portrait of the real Tom Cruise - his work, love life, marriages and religion - from a master at uncovering the true story behind the public face of celebrity.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.