- Table View
- List View
Hybrid dynamical systems exhibit continuous and instantaneous changes, having features of continuous-time and discrete-time dynamical systems. Filled with a wealth of examples to illustrate concepts, this book presents a complete theory of robust asymptotic stability for hybrid dynamical systems that is applicable to the design of hybrid control algorithms--algorithms that feature logic, timers, or combinations of digital and analog components. With the tools of modern mathematical analysis, Hybrid Dynamical Systems unifies and generalizes earlier developments in continuous-time and discrete-time nonlinear systems. It presents hybrid system versions of the necessary and sufficient Lyapunov conditions for asymptotic stability, invariance principles, and approximation techniques, and examines the robustness of asymptotic stability, motivated by the goal of designing robust hybrid control algorithms. This self-contained and classroom-tested book requires standard background in mathematical analysis and differential equations or nonlinear systems. It will interest graduate students in engineering as well as students and researchers in control, computer science, and mathematics.
This book provides a wide variety of state-space--based numerical algorithms for the synthesis of feedback algorithms for linear systems with input saturation. Specifically, it addresses and solves the anti-windup problem, presenting the objectives and terminology of the problem, the mathematical tools behind anti-windup algorithms, and more than twenty algorithms for anti-windup synthesis, illustrated with examples. Luca Zaccarian and Andrew Teel's modern method--combining a state-space approach with algorithms generated by solving linear matrix inequalities--treats MIMO and SISO systems with equal ease. The book, aimed at control engineers as well as graduate students, ranges from very simple anti-windup construction to sophisticated anti-windup algorithms for nonlinear systems.Describes the fundamental objectives and principles behind anti-windup synthesis for control systems with actuator saturation Takes a modern, state-space approach to synthesis that applies to both SISO and MIMO systems Presents algorithms as linear matrix inequalities that can be readily solved with widely available software Explains mathematical concepts that motivate synthesis algorithms Uses nonlinear performance curves to quantify performance relative to disturbances of varying magnitudes Includes anti-windup algorithms for a class of Euler-Lagrange nonlinear systems Traces the history of anti-windup research through an extensive annotated bibliography
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.