- Table View
- List View
A Love that Heals helps readers connect with Angie's personal journey through grief, while helping them deal with their own loss. Love is a simple but powerful word, and A Love that Heals is written from the heart of a Grammy Award-nominated singer and songwriter, Angie Winans, after the devastating loss of her brother Ronald. Everyone handles grief differently, but Angie outlines common principles that will help any grieving heart understand that the love of God provides true resolution. The same love that causes so much pain in loss is also the same love that can heal, so long as readers let it. Angie's account of her personal journey provides a voice readers can identify with as they struggle through the difficult aftermath of death. Angie uncovers the many facets of love, including celebration, hope, and healing power. Even for readers who feel like their heart will never beat again, Angie's message provides comfort and hope. A Love that Heals also includes journaling pages so readers can "talk through" their loss, as well as comforting words that show how God's love can lead them to a place of strength once again.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.