- Table View
- List View
Introduces the physical characteristics, methods of movement, habitats, feeding habits, life cycles, and different types of frogs. Includes bibliographical references.
Mercator was destined to be one of the most famous mapmakers in history. Before his time, many maps were as much about myths as geographical reality, filled with exotic creatures and fabled lands. But he turned cartography, or map-making, into a science. He based his maps on firsthand reports, using mathematical calculations whenever possible to pinpoint locations.
Introduces distinguishing characteristics, life cycles, and different types of grasshoppers.
Legends of ghosts, goblins, and ghouls fill the air, and excited trick-or-treaters scurry from house to house hoping to fill their bags with sweet goodies. Halloween is among America's most treasured childhood holidays.
Fireworks, parades, and picnics are just a few of the ways Americans commemorate their freedom every July. Colorful photos and engaging text tell the story of our struggle for independence from Great Britain.
Wow! A book all about interjections! What is an interjection, anyway? Find out just that as you explore the ways interjections work in reading, writing, and speaking. Interjections will make your sentences more exciting--no kidding!
Ideal for today's young investigative reader, each A True Book includes lively sidebars, a glossary and index, plus a comprehensive "To Find Out More" section listing books, organizations, and Internet sites. A staple of library collections since the 1950s, the new A True Book series is the definitive nonfiction series for elementary school readers.
This book describes the history and culture of the island nation of Japan, and includes bibliographical references and an index.
Briefly introduces the origins, history, actions, and impact of the Ku Klux Klan, a hate group that targets a wide range of ethnic, religious, and cultural groups in the United States.
A biography of the seventeenth-century French explorer who was the first European to travel the entire length of the Mississippi River, claiming for France not only the river, but also all the land whose waters fed into it.
Introduces distinguishing characteristics, life cycles, and different types of ladybugs.
Straight from the pages of the Noted Personalities section of The World Almanac -- the most frequently referenced information in the most popular reference book of all time -- comes this refreshingly original series of biographies. Chronicling the lives of the most important people of the 20th century, these books give student readers a powerful resource for understanding how their world came to be what it is today. Enriched with historic photos of the life and times of the people being profiled, and with excerpts from primary source documents, this series will inspire critical thinking, further research, and additional reading. Each book is more than just the story of an individual. It is a powerful social history of the world one person was born into, and how that person was affected by and, in turn, changed that world forever.
Describes the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Maine.
Completely redesigned for today's young investigative reader, A True Book is an indispensable addition to any collection. Each book guides readers through the facts that nurture their need to know.
Let the good times roll! Colorful floats, shiny beads, and delicious king cakes herald the arrival of Mardi Gras. Kids discover the origins of Mardi Gras and learn about the food and activities associated with this famous festival.
Completely redesigned for today's young investigative reader, True Books are an indispensable addition to any collection. Each book guides readers through the facts that nurture their need to know.
Introduces the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Minnesota.
Mount Everest is the highest mountain in the world. It stands 5.5 miles high in the Himalaya Mountains. In Mount Everest, explore the majesty of its steep walls, sheer cliffs, deep snow, and icy slabs. Discover the wildlife that inhabits its peaks and valleys, the people who make it their home, and the efforts being made to protect one of Earth's grandest natural wonders.
Did you ever wonder what it would be like to work with things so tiny you need special microscopes to see them? That is exactly what nanotechnologists do. These specialists work with the smallest units of matter to make new products and improve existing ones.
Describes the geography, ecology, history, economy, religions, culture and people of the state of Nebraska.
Describes the geography, history, culture, economy, and people of the Asian mountain kingdom of Nepal.
Introduces the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Nevada.
Describes the geography, plants and animals, history, economy, language, religions, culture, sports and arts, and people of New York.
The book describes the geography, plants and animals, history, economy, language, religions, culture, and people of Nigeria.
Provides comprehensive information on the geography, history, wildlife, peoples, and environmental issues of the Nile River Basin.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.