- Table View
- List View
Norwegian Americans tells the story of Norwegian immigrants who came to America for opportunity while attempting to maintain their cultural ties without losing them in the New World.
A book about nouns? How could you have a book without them? Nouns make up the world around us, and they make up most of our writing and speaking, too. With this book, young readers will learn how to identify and use different kinds of nouns.
Completely redesigned for today's young investigative reader, A True Book is an indispensable addition to any collection. Each book guides readers through the facts that nurture their need to know.
Patrick Henry gave a mighty and thunderous voice to the cause of liberty and freedom in America. His words inspired our country to revolution. Kids will surely enjoy the story of this pivotal figure in the cause of freedom in America.
A biography of the Spanish explorer who first came to the New World with Columbus, went on to become governor of Puerto Rico, and later came to Florida looking for the Fountain of Youth.
When learning to read, kids are often intimidated by "bigger" words. This title teaches younger audiences how to break such words apart and introduces them to the concept of roots.
Where can you find prepositions? Are they under a rock? Around the corner? Over a hill? The easiest place to find them is right here in this book! Young readers will learn all about prepositions and how to use them.
I love pronouns. She loves pronouns. He loves pronouns. Do you love pronouns, too? If you don't now, you'll learn to love pronouns as you read this book! Learn how to identify and use pronouns in writing, reading, and speaking. We all love pronouns!
Exclamation points, periods, question marks, and commas- all these are common forms of punctuation, and each has the potential to prove confusing to kids learning grammar.
Provides comprehensive information on the geography, history, wildlife, peoples, and environmental issues of the Sahara Desert.
Dress in some green, savor a slice of soda bread, and catch a little luck of the Irish! Kids will discover the history behind Saint Patrick's Day, and find out ways to celebrate on their own. Young readers learn about the festivities and traditions a
Samuel Adams is known as the Father of the American Revolution. Young readers will gain insight and knowledge into the buildup to revolution in America and the important role that Samuel Adams played in it and in what came after, the start of a new nation.
This book contains Deserts, Oases, and Plains, Creatures in the Wild, Sources of Wealth, The Cradle of Islam, Arts, Culture, and Sports, Living from Day to Day etc. of Saudi Arabia.
Sentences can be long and short, simple and complex. Regardless of what form they take, they are crucial to reading comprehension. Kid-friendly text and helpful exercises illustrate the different elements that comprise a sentence.
Animals. American History. Earth Science. Geography. Health. Space. True Books covers all this and more in photo-filled chapter books that provide a basic introduction to curriculum-relevant topics. Ideal for today's young investigative reader, each True Book includes lively sidebars, a glossary and an index, plus a comprehensive "To Find Out More" section listing books, organizations, and Internet sites. A staple of library collections since the 1950s, and redesigned with a fresh new look in 1996, the new True Books series is the definitive nonfiction series for elementary school readers.
Weekly quizzes or the annual spelling bee can instill a sense of dread in most students. But Spelling Rules makes this often tricky subject easy and fun. Simple strategies and effective examples help kids comprehend when and why words are spelled.
A group of storm chasers along the highway are filming a tornado as it rips its way across the landscape. Some storm chasers are ordinary people looking for a thrill, but many are meteorologists working to find out more about dangerous weather.
The Revolutionary War was almost over. The king of England's mighty troops had fallen to a ragtag army of Americans at the Battle of Yorktown. Under the command of General Charles Cornwallis, the proud British soldiers were forced to give up their arms. On October 19, 1781, Cornwallis surrendered. The last major battle of the war had broken him. Soon the new United States would form its own government. Independence had arrived.
Describes the history, geography, people, politics and government, economy, state events and attractions of Texas.
Describes the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Alabama.
Describes the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Arkansas.
Describes the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of California.
Describes the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Connecticut.
Describes the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Georgia.
Describes the geography, history, government, people, culture, and attractions of Hawai'i.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.