- Table View
- List View
The rest of your life lies ahead of you. Do you want to spend it fighting your body and worrying about things you can't change? Or do you want to live your life to its fullest by combining age, experience, and creativity to develop a new vision for your body and self?Women in midlife face many changes, such as children growing up, returning to the workforce, or retiring from it. Then there are the physical changes: crow's-feet, saggy arms, an expanding waistline. The transformations within us and around us can leave us feeling anxious, ineffective, and out of control, especially in a culture that defines midlife as the beginning of a decline. It's easy to look at our lives and ourselves and wish we could turn back the clock, but it doesn't have to be that way. Midlife is a time of opportunity to renew, grow strong, set new goals, and redefine who you are. Change Your Mind, Change Your Body: Feeling Good About Your Body and Self After 40gives you the tools you need to utilize your wisdom and experiences to shape a new vision of who you are and what you want your life to look like -- right now. Learn how to: Cope with the physical and mental changes that midlife brings Revamp ideas of what is sexy and desirable Turn fears of aging into tools for positive growth Develop a positive, realistic body image Embrace who you are and who you will become Set weight and exercise goals you can really achieve Help our daughters create a positive self-imageYou have the power to renegotiate your relationship with your body, yourself, and the world around you, andChange Your Mind, Change Your Bodywill help you discover and use it.
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR WEIGHT AND CLAIM THE LIFE YOU DESERVE! Bob Greene has helped millions lose weight and get in shape with his life-changing Best Life plan. Now Oprah's most trusted expert on diet and fitness teams up with psychologist Ann Kearney-Cooke and nutritionist Janis Jibrin to zero in on common barriers to weight loss success. Together, they will offer practical tips and explore the latest science on emotional eating and lack of motivation. REWIRE YOUR BRAIN TO OVERCOME OVEREATING CONQUER EXERCISE AVERSION TAME YOUR SUGAR, FAT, AND SALT CRAVINGS TRANSFORM YOUR BODY IMAGE INCREASE YOUR HAPPINESS While the basic principles of weight loss are simple enough, maintaining a healthy lifestyle can be a struggle. The Life You Want delivers the information and inspiration you need to overcome each obstacle--once and for all.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.