- Table View
- List View
No matter what you're celebrating, we've got a great recipe guaranteed to brighten your table.There's no better way to celebrate the holiday than surrounded by good friends and good food. With that in mind, we present The Atria Holiday Collection, a free sampler featuring recipes from books by some of our favorite writers and chefs. Selections include: 4 Ingredients Christmas by Kim McCosker America's Most Wanted Recipes Just Desserts by Ron Douglas The Christmas Cookie Cookbook by Ann Pearlman and Marybeth Bayer Daisy's Holiday Cooking by Daisy Martinez Find out more about your favorite authors at Facebook.com/AtriaBooks or Twitter.com/AtriaBooks.
Ann Pearlman's irresistible debut novel provides the perfect ingredients for a fun and touching read about a group of women who gather each year to share a journey of friendship, hope, heartbreak--and recipes. Every year at Christmastime, Marnie and her closest girlfriends mark their calendars for the cookie exchange. Everyone has to bring a batch of homemade cookies and a bottle of wine, but this year, it's their stories that are especially important--the passion and hopefulness of new romance, the betrayal and disillusionment some relationships bring, the joys and fears of motherhood, the stress of financial troubles. On this evening, at least, the sisterly love they have for one another rises above it all. Celebrating courage and joy in spite of hard times and honoring the importance of women's friendships as well as the embracing bonds of community, Ann Pearlman's delightful novel speaks to us all.yal and disillusionment some relationships bring, the joys and fears of motherhood, the agony of losing a child, and above all, the love they have for one another. As Marnie says, the Christmas Cookie Club, if it's anything, is a reminder of delight. The Christmas Cookie Club is about the paths Marnie and her friends have traveled, the absolute joy they take in life and love despite the decisions they've regretted, the hard choices and amends they've had to make, and the sacrifices along the way. Ultimately, The Christmas Cookie Club is every woman's story. As you read about Marnie and her friends, their struggles and triumphs, what makes them laugh and what has made them cry, you'll see yourself and some of the ingredients of your own story. Celebrating courage and joy in spite of hard times and honoring the importance of women's friendships as well as the embracing bonds of community, Ann Pearlman has written a novel that speaks to us all.
The Christmas Cookie Cookbook is the perfect holiday present or year-round companion for new and seasoned bakers alike. Packed with tips, anecdotes, and tons of recipes, this cookbook is a must-have for anyone looking for a new holiday tradition or simply a fresh way to spread holiday cheer throughout the year. For almost twenty years, Ann Pearlman and a dozen of her friends have been in a Christmas Cookie Club founded by Marybeth Bayer. Every year at the same time, they gather at her house to exchange cookies, wine, and laughs. Now, with The Christmas Cookie Cookbook, Ann shows readers how to start a club of their own. The recipes and the inspiration are all here in one complete guide for cookie club hopefuls. With a diverse selection of not only Christmas cookies, but Chanukah and Ramadan cookies too, there's a treat in here for everyone!
On the first Monday of December, every year, twelve friends gather in the evening with batches of homemade cookies wrapped in beautiful packages. They drink wine, they eat and they take turns telling the story of the cookies they have baked. Somehow these stories are always emblematic of the year that has just passed, as complicated and rich as our own lives. Lives full of sisterly love and conflict, yearning for babies and grandchildren, passion and disillusionment with men, a secret decade long affair, the loss of a job, the death of a child . . . These women are as imperfect as real women, made heroic by their ability to resolve conflict, to endure and support each other. The Cookie Club is as involving, heartwarming and uplifting a story as you'll ever read.
Ann Pearlman's The Christmas Cookie Club enthralled readers everywhere with a heartwarming and touching story about the power of female friendship. Now, in A Gift for My Sister, she once again explores the depth of the human heart, and this time it's through the eyes of two sisters. Tara and Sky share a mother, but aside from that they seem to differ in almost every way. When a series of tragedies strikes, they must somehow come together in the face of heartbreak, dashed hopes, and demons of the past. The journey they embark on forces each woman to take a walk in the other's shoes and examine what sisterhood really means to them. It's a long road to understanding, and everyone who knows them hopes these two sisters can find a way back to each other.ara's musical co-horts, gets thrown together and must caravan across the United States during the rap crew's cross-country tour.Along the way we meet a number of interesting characters. The tensions between the two sisters erupt when in the middle of their fighting, a near drowning incident forces them to confront their feelings and their issues, with the outcome uncertain.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.