- Table View
- List View
Nutrition and Disease Management for Veterinary Technicians and Nurses, Second Edition offers a thorough update and significant expansion of this easy-to-use introduction to veterinary nutrition and diet, with broader species coverage, a new section on nutritional management of disease, and many new chapters. * Provides a complete reference to veterinary nutrition, from the fundamentals to feeding companion animals of any age and health status * Adds information on nutrition in birds, small mammals, and horses to the existing dog and cat coverage * * Presents a new section on managing disease through nutrition, with 10 new disease chapters * Offers additional new chapters on nutritional calculations, types of pet foods, raw food diets, additives and preservatives, nutrition myths, nutritional support, and assisted feeding * Includes access to a companion website with case studies, review questions and answers, and the figures from the book in PowerPoint
This book serves an introduction to the fundamentals of nutrition and also a guide to monitoring the nutritional needs of patients in daily practice. Students will benefit from the clear and consistent approach to basic principles of nutrition. Practicing technicians and nurses will appreciate the practical applications and techniques for managing the nutritional needs of both sick and healthy patients and guidance for educating clients.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.