- Table View
- List View
Centuries ago, Princess Sheila NaGeira finds herself stranded with her lover on a rocky outcrop ten leagues from Newfoundland's shore. In the late nineteenth century, Sybil finds love in the parched badlands of Drumheller. During World War II, Ruthie retrieves the ring that her dead brother gave to an unfaithful girl friend before he left to fight in the war. Today, Tess fears that her new-age boyfriend, Guy, had flown the coop and left her pregnant. No Missing Parts is for those who like princesses that are nothing like Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella. It is for those who believe that love can save us, but that it never appears as a handsome prince. It is for those who would like to confront the princess myth and, instead of bowing politely, challenge its very foundations. The stories collected here range over centuries, celebrating real princesses: women who become leaders, who defy social conventions, and who learn the hard way what it means to fall in love without giving up part of oneself.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.