- Table View
- List View
Finding Wheels: A Curriculum for Nondrivers with Visual Impairments for Gaining Control of Transportation Needsby Anne L. Corn L. Penny Rosenblum
This text comprises explanatory material, activities, and numerous case studies profiling individuals and their families. The goal is to help visual impaired adolescents come to terms with the practical difficulties, the emotional obstacles, and the serious consequences of their attitudes toward getting around. Annotation c. Book News, Inc., Portland, OR (booknews.com)
This innovative textbook considers the functional and the clinical implications of low vision, their impact on the individual, and the ways in which these implications need to be addressed by educators, rehabilitators, and other professionals. Expert authors address a variety of subjects, such as psychosocial aspects of low vision, literacy and employment, and orientation and mobility considerations with specific age groups, and provide information on the best practices in service delivery.
This text explains in great detail how to do low vision exams, the principles behind magnifiers and other forms of magnification, and much more.
Report to the Nation: The National Agenda for the Education of Children and Youths with Visual Impairments, Including Those with Multiple Disabilitesby Anne L. Corn Kathleen Mary Huebner
A Report to the Nation documents the dramatic ongoing efforts of a coalition of parents and professionals to achieve essential improvements in education for students with visual impairments. Detailing the accomplishments of more than 150 local schools, agencies, and vision-related organizations who have endorsed the eight goals of the National Agenda and committed themselves to achieving these goals on the local and state levels, this book presents data and related essential materials designed to be invalua
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.