- Table View
- List View
Miranda's three children thoroughly enjoy their huge, overdressed baby sitter/cleaning woman who is actually their father in disguise, and they dread the day when their mother discovers Madame Doubtfire is really her ex-husband.
Mel is the class bookworm. She prefers books to people and doesn't want to be a first-week minder for new girl Imogen. But there's something very strange about Imogen and, as Mel slowly uncovers the truth, she begins to realize that stories can happen in real life, too.
Bill Simpson wakes up to find he's a girl, and worse, his mother makes him wear a frilly pink dress to school. How on earth is he going to survive a whole day like this? Everything just seems to be different for girls.
Will Flowers feels his younger sister, suddenly transformed into a teenaged banshee, is responsible for turning the family home into a veritable war zone.
Bonny does NOT want to go to Charm School, no matter how much Mum wants her to. And it's just as bad as she feared. Worse, in fact.
How would you feel if your mother had royal-blue hair and wore lavender fishnet tights? But Minna's whole family (including her mum's punk boyfriend, Crusher Maggot) is a bit unusual. Being the only sensible one is not easy for Minna...
Tuffy the pet cat tries to defend himself against accusations of terrifying other animals and murdering the neighbor's rabbit.
Simon's class is sick of taking care of their six-pound flour babies. But for Simon, the pack of flour provides an understanding of his fatherless life.
Left in the care of a ne'er-do-well uncle, siblings Clarrie and Will devise an elaborate plan involving ventriloquist's dolls, costumes, and forged boarding passes to reunite their separated family.
The four children of the Harris family find Granny a bit of a dotty old lady. But when their parents decide to put Granny in a home they're horrified and decide to do a granny project to persuade their parents to change their minds.
Jamie is very fascinated seeing a toy Highland bull, Angus, in a shop. He finally gets Angus on Christmas day. Angus and Jamie are always together and have lot of fun and adventures.
Although Jennifer is stumped for ideas to use in her new diary, her friend Iola is bursting with stories that may or may not be true to write down if only she had that lovely rainbow-colored book!
The Christmas holiday is traditionally a time for families to gather together. But more definitely does not mean merrier in Ralph's household -- not with Uncle Tristram hurling spuds at the cat, cousin Titania in her frilly dresses, nutty Great-Aunt Ida and others. Mum's on the verge of a breakdown and Ralph's been banished to his bedroom.
Kitty is not pleased with her mother's boyfriend, especially his views on the anti-nuclear issue, until unexpected events prompt her, after all, to help him find his place in the family.
Pen pals are a gift, meant to open new horizons for kids. But what would happen if the stack of pen pal letters were merely a scheme by a modern-day Robin Hood to collect the goods of the rich and redistribute them to the needy?
Tuffy the pet cat narrates his escapades as he attempts to escape his family's cat-sitter and suffers through a humiliating episode of mistaken identity.
In Russia, during the reign of communism and one of the many purges that sweep the country, Yuri experiences first-hand the social injustices, labor camp, and starvation.
On a stormy night, five students are sent ahead on a school trip. Gathered together in a spooky mansion, they find a secret room and a mysterious old diary. Little do they know that they share a common bond: They are all members of step-families.
A novel about a series of extraordinary events taking place during one hot summer holiday.
Natalie, who lives in the large hotel managed by her father, has a dangerous friendship with Tulip, the wildly uncontrollable girl on a neighboring farm.
How stupid do you have to be to fall out of a top-floor window? Or was Stolly trying something else - up on cloud nine even then? Stolly's always been so alive, so inspiring taking risks, hiding nothing, notorious for being the school's most imaginative liar (or fantasist, as he calls it . But now, he's lying in a hospital bed, and Ian, his best friend who's as close as a brother, is watching, waiting and remembering. . . A characteristically funny, moving, life-affirming novel about a remarkable character and the truly inspirational effect he has on everyone he meets, from the 2001-2003 Children's Laureate, multi-award-winning author, Anne Fine.
Nine stories: The Gnomecoming Party; Very Different; Fabric Crafts; Getting the Messages; Two of These and One of Those; Falling Apples; Partners in Crime; Poor, Poor Cordelia; and The Ship of Theseus.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.