- Table View
- List View
Blind and visually impaired people: active, concerned about their jobs, their families, their communities, obtaining a good education, discovering interesting ways to use their leisure time, and above all, as different from one another as any other group of people who happen to have one characteristic in common. Today there are visually impaired people in every major area of employment from professional occupations to technical and clerical work. There are blind lawyers and college professors and insurance salesmen and social workers, blind typists and switchboard operators, auto mechanics and chemical engineers.
This textbook intended for Rehab. Professionals outlines in sequential steps and objectives tasks of daily living and Independent completion of tasks from cooking and kitchen safety, to clothing care, to applying cosmetics.
Toward Independence: The Use of Instructional Objective in Teaching Daily Living Skills to the Blindby Anne Yeadon
This book is an introduction to the use of instructional objectives in the teaching of severely visually impaired persons. While it happens to use a daily living skills course as an example of how a teacher might develop a course around this educational method, it is not a daily living skills teaching manual. A creative teacher should be able to adapt the approach as described in Toward Independence to many other subjects.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.