World history textbook. From Early Civilizations (Prehistory to 1570 AD) to the Enlightenment and Revolution (1700-1850).
A book that can be used as a tool to master world history.
This book makes it easy to figure out what you really need to know about world history. Each section starts with Reading Focus questions that point out the most important ideas in that section. Case Studies on Contemporary Issues provide hands-on, project-based examination of key issues in the world today.
Organized into 5 units, made up of 21 chapters, there are special features graphics and the Reference Section. Each Unit contains Unit Opener, World Literature, The Big Picture, Unit-in-Brief, A Global View and You Decide. Each chapter contains Chapter Opener, Guide for Reading, Section Reviews, Issues for Today, Global Connections, Maps, Graphs, and Charts, Chapter Review, Special Features, Parallels Through Time, Art History, Up Close, Cause-and-Effect Charts and Quick Study Charts.
Textbook on world history, 1st of 2 volumes.
Textbook on world history, 2nd of 2 volumes.
This edition covers topics on Early Modern Times 1300-1800, Enlightenment and Revolution 1707-1850, Industrialism and a New Global Age 1800-1914, World Wars and Revolutions 1910-1955 and THE WORLD TODAY 1945-Present. This book also contains a section on 'fascinating history makers', 'Investigate the connection between history and geography' and 'Explore links between historical events and your world today', besides a Reference Section, Maps, Charts, Graphs, Skills Hand Book, etc.
Prentice Hall World History's Concept Connector Solution provides you with a variety of strategies and tools to help you truly understand the past, demonstrate your knowledge of world history, and succeed on quizzes, projects, and high-stakes tests.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.