World history textbook. From Early Civilizations (Prehistory to 1570 AD) to the Enlightenment and Revolution (1700-1850).
A book that can be used as a tool to master world history.
This book makes it easy to figure out what you really need to know about world history. Each section starts with Reading Focus questions that point out the most important ideas in that section. Case Studies on Contemporary Issues provide hands-on, project-based examination of key issues in the world today.
Organized into 5 units, made up of 21 chapters, there are special features graphics and the Reference Section. Each Unit contains Unit Opener, World Literature, The Big Picture, Unit-in-Brief, A Global View and You Decide. Each chapter contains Chapter Opener, Guide for Reading, Section Reviews, Issues for Today, Global Connections, Maps, Graphs, and Charts, Chapter Review, Special Features, Parallels Through Time, Art History, Up Close, Cause-and-Effect Charts and Quick Study Charts.
Textbook on world history, 1st of 2 volumes.
Textbook on world history, 2nd of 2 volumes.
This edition covers topics on Early Modern Times 1300-1800, Enlightenment and Revolution 1707-1850, Industrialism and a New Global Age 1800-1914, World Wars and Revolutions 1910-1955 and THE WORLD TODAY 1945-Present. This book also contains a section on 'fascinating history makers', 'Investigate the connection between history and geography' and 'Explore links between historical events and your world today', besides a Reference Section, Maps, Charts, Graphs, Skills Hand Book, etc.
Prentice Hall World History's Concept Connector Solution provides you with a variety of strategies and tools to help you truly understand the past, demonstrate your knowledge of world history, and succeed on quizzes, projects, and high-stakes tests.
With various techniques to make the learning interactive, this text covers world history from the beginnings of human civilization to the present.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the "Using Bookshare" page in the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivona's Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.