- Table View
- List View
In a city that runs on a dwindling supply of magic, a young boy is drawn into a life of wizardry and adventure. Conn should have dropped dead the day he picked Nevery's pocket and touched the wizard's locus magicalicus, a stone used to focus magic and work spells. But for some reason he did not. Nevery finds that interesting, and he takes Conn as his apprentice on the provision that the boy find a locus stone of his own. But Conn has little time to search for his stone between wizard lessons and helping Nevery discover who--or what--is stealing the city of Wellmet's magic.
Never turn your back on a dragon! Sneaking out of prison isn't easy, unless you are a thief, or a wizard. Luckily, Conn is both! Trouble is, once he's out, where does he go? His home is a pile of rubble since he blew it up doing magic. His master, the wizard Nevery, is not happy with him. Worst of all, Conn's been exiled, and staying in the city will mean his death. But Wellmet is in danger from an evil predator coming to destroy the city, and Conn must set off on a quest to fight it. Suddenly, a huge shadow looms over him and he is swept away by something more awesome than his wildest imaginings. Is Conn brave enough to answer magic's call, or is he really just a thief at heart? Sarah Prineas's incredible world explodes with adventure-a place where cities run on living magic and heroes come from the most surprising places.
Never mix fire with magic! Conn may only be a wizard's apprentice, but even he knows it's dangerous to play with fire . . . especially around magic. His master, Nevery, warns him that it could all blow up in his face. Besides, they have bigger problems to deal with. There is evil afoot in the city of Wellmet, an evil that isn't human. But Conn is drawn to the murmurs he hears every time he sets off an explosion-something is trying to talk to him, to warn him. When none of the wizards listen, Conn takes matters into his own hands. His quest to protect everything he loves brings him face-to-face with a powerful sorcerer-king and a treachery beyond even his vivid imagination. Sarah Prineas works her own spells as she transports us to an extraordinary world where cities are run on living magic and even a thief can become a wizard's apprentice.
An action-packed, mythological chapter book series from Tony Abbott! There's something lurking under Owen's school. . . . Owen Brown is your average fourth grader. Or he was, until his best friend, Dana, disappeared. Right in front of his face. Through the floor of the school. Owen's average life has turned upside down. He's determined to find Dana -- before anyone realizes she's missing. Owen sets out on a mysterious, mythological rescue mission with his friends Jon and Sydney. But what none of them know is that Dana's disappearance is part of a much larger riddle. And they're at the center of it.
An action-packed, mythological chapter book series from Tony Abbott! The underworld is in our world now. . . . Owen, Jon, and Sydney managed to rescue Dana from the underworld. But if they don't fulfill their end of the bargain with Hades, she might be headed back -- forever. As if that wasn't bad enough, some very creepy, very one-eyed mythological beasts are on the loose. Cyclopes have taken over the power plant in Pinewood Bluffs! Owen and his friends have to stop them before they destroy the town. But what chance do four kids stand against an army of mythological monsters?
An action-packed mythology series from master storyteller Tony Abbott! The underworlds are rising -- and no one is safe. Loki is waging war, and Pinewood Bluffs is about to become his battlefield. Owen, Dana, Jon, and Sydney know they have to stop him. They'll do whatever it takes. But when they stow away in Loki's sledge and emerge in a new, mysterious underworld they know nothing about, things get complicated. The Babylonian underworld is dark as night and full of vicious monsters, including the dreaded Scorpion King. Will Owen and his friends ever make it back to Pinewood Bluffs?
The epic conclusion to the action-packed arc! It all comes down to this. Owen, Dana, Jon, and Sydney have to prevent Loki from finding the powerful Crystal Rune. That means they need to find it first, no matter what. But tracking down the rune is only the beginning. . . . Loki is taking his battle for power to the world of the Norse gods -- and he's bringing an army of Underworldly creatures with him, including a fierce ice dragon. The stakes are high: Dana's parents are missing, and Pinewood Bluffs is under attack. Loki is threatening to destroy our world - for good. Owen and his friends can't let that happen. But do they stand a chance of stopping him?
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.