- Table View
- List View
The deliciously adaptable chocolate chip cookie stars in this charming book of more than 40 recipes. These formulas yield the perfect cookie for every taste, every time, whether the baker's druthers are crispy or soft, vegan or gluten-free, or salty or nutty cookies. A baker can never have too many good recipes for a perennial favorite, and Chocolate Chip Cookies riffs on the classics with contemporary flavor profiles such as coconut-sesame and olive oil.
Bob Sloan offers tasty recipes, sage advice, and witty reflections in this ultimate tribute to the glory of dads and their grills. He shows how easy it is to transform fresh ingredients into 100 sizzling, delicious dishes like Honey-Glazed Spareribs, Lamb Burgers, and Grilled Sweet Potatoes. Even super-busy dads will run out of excuses with the section on 10 Super-Fast, Foolproof, Grilling Recipes--perfect for weeknight dinners. In addition to these family-impressing recipes, this essential grilling book serves up tips on keeping it simple when it comes to tools, how to choose between charcoal and gas, and why no one can ever have too many serving dishes.
Fish celebrates the versatility, healthfulness, and ease of preparation of fish and shellfish in more than 120 delicious recipes. Five chapters are organized by flavor profile, including American, Bistro, Latin, East and South Asian, and North African/Mediterranean. Each recipe is grouped into a set matching a main course of fish or shellfish with a complementary grain, pasta, salad, or vegetable. Fish encompasses all of the best techniques for cooking seafood perfectly, including grilling, roasting, salt-crusting, and wok-braising, and all dishes feature sustainable seafood. These exciting recipes make the most of one of the world's healthiest proteins, demystifying it and suggesting a year's worth of meals for cooks of all skill levels.
From New York City's popular cookie shop Milk & Cookies comes 89 tried, true, and scrumptious recipes for cookies, bars, and brownies. In Milk & Cookies, pastry chef Tina Casaceli shares classic family recipes, as well as favorites from her bakery. More than 45 good-enough-to-eat photographs, can-do baking formulas, and a friendly Greenwich Village vibe make this cookbook too tantalizing to resist.
From New York City to Los Angeles, top bars are serving up cocktails spiced with chiles, wasabi, ginger, and other fiery flavors. Spice & Ice brings this trend to the home bar with recipes for 70 tongue-tingling drinks, including Wasabi-tinis and Jumpin' Juleps. As the author of the High Spirits column for Chile Pepper magazine, Kara Newman is the perfect coach for crafting beverages that bite. Don't worry: these beverages may be peppery and warming, but they're not too hot to handle! With suggestions for food pairings, facts about chile peppers, and tips on building a spicy liquor cabinet, Spice & Ice is a must-have for cocktail enthusiasts and chileheads!
The much-anticipated follow-up to the New York Times best-selling Top Chef: The Cookbook is here! Drawing from the first 5 seasons of the show, Top Chef: The Quickfire Cookbook features 75 of the best recipes--from Spike's Pizza alla Greek to Stephanie's Bittersweet Chocolate Cake--culled from the Top Chef Quickfire Challenges. Everything the home chef needs to assemble an impressive meal and channel the energy of the Quickfire kitchen is collected here, including advice on hosting a Quickfire Cocktail Party and staging Quickfire Challenges--at home. Best of all, this book is spilling over with sidebar material, including tips for home chefs, interviews with contestants, fabulous photos, and fun trivia related to the chefs, dishes, and ingredients that make Top Chef a favorite.
The first crowd-sourced cookbook from Chronicle Books, this celebration of the dainty French delight proves that classic doesn't have to mean conventional. Forty reverential recipes--developed by madeleine lovers from Italy to Oregon and curated by Miss Madeleine herself--break the mold, with unexpected delights from Rosemary Parmesan Polenta to Molasses Spice to Chocolate Hazelnut, plus gluten-free and vegan options. Featuring expert tips on choosing ingredients, mixing and baking batter, and picking the right pan, as well as a chapter on glazes, dips, and other toppings, the wisdom of dozens of aficionados comes together in this delectable ode to the little shell-shaped cake we love.
Is it a cake? Is it a cookie? With such deliciously soft and sweet cream-filled snacks, does it matter? The Internet is abuzz with recipes and stories of whoopie pie folklore, while customers everywhere are descending on bakeries in droves demanding these delectable treats. This adorable volumethe only cookbook devoted entirely to whoopie piesfeatures more than 40 mix-and-match recipes, including the classic chocolate with marshmallow cream and a range of bright flavor combinations such as red velvet, green tea, pumpkin with a tangy cream cheese filling, and oatmeal with, yes, maple-bacon buttercream. With a puffy cover as soft as cake, plenty of color photos and hand-drawnillustrations, dozens of DIY decorating instructions, fun facts and baking tips, Whoopie Pies will make a welcome addition to any baker's bookshelf.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.