Studies related to recombinant gene expression have brought new advance such as the emergence of the "omics" technologies. While Escherichia coli, Sacharomyces cerevisiae and insect cells continue to be the dominant production platforms of recombinant proteins. In Recombinant Gene Expression: Review and Protocols, Third Edition, expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods now commonly used to study recombinant gene expression. These include methods and techniques for bacteria, lower eukaryotes, fungi, plants and plant cells, and animals and animal cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Recombinant Gene Expression: Review and Protocols, Third Edition seeks to aid scientists in the further study of this crucially important research into recombinant gene expression.
In this second updated edition, the editors have added critical reviews to a collection of cutting-edge protocols for gene expression in bacteria, fungi, plants, plant cells, animals, and animal cells. The review articles survey new directions in recombinant gene expression research, technique, and application, and point the way to using recombinant gene expression for metabolic engineering and the production of non-protein molecules. The readily reproducible protocols offer new host-vector systems, such as Anarctic bacteria and moderately halophytic bacteria, vectors for chromosomal editing and metabolic engineering, and information to aid in problem solving, strategy planning, and the promotion of protein folding. Recombinant Gene Expression: Reviews and Protocols, Second Edition offers investigators seeking an overview of this critically important field the understanding and the tools needed to begin producing nonprotein products and altering the central metabolic pathways of cells to enhance heterologous gene expression.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.