- Table View
- List View
In this second updated edition, the editors have added critical reviews to a collection of cutting-edge protocols for gene expression in bacteria, fungi, plants, plant cells, animals, and animal cells. The review articles survey new directions in recombinant gene expression research, technique, and application, and point the way to using recombinant gene expression for metabolic engineering and the production of non-protein molecules. The readily reproducible protocols offer new host-vector systems, such as Anarctic bacteria and moderately halophytic bacteria, vectors for chromosomal editing and metabolic engineering, and information to aid in problem solving, strategy planning, and the promotion of protein folding. Recombinant Gene Expression: Reviews and Protocols, Second Edition offers investigators seeking an overview of this critically important field the understanding and the tools needed to begin producing nonprotein products and altering the central metabolic pathways of cells to enhance heterologous gene expression.
Studies related to recombinant gene expression have brought new advance such as the emergence of the "omics" technologies. While Escherichia coli, Sacharomyces cerevisiae and insect cells continue to be the dominant production platforms of recombinant proteins. In Recombinant Gene Expression: Review and Protocols, Third Edition, expert researchers in the field detail many of the methods now commonly used to study recombinant gene expression. These include methods and techniques for bacteria, lower eukaryotes, fungi, plants and plant cells, and animals and animal cells. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible laboratory protocols, and key tips on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls. Authoritative and practical, Recombinant Gene Expression: Review and Protocols, Third Edition seeks to aid scientists in the further study of this crucially important research into recombinant gene expression.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.