- Table View
- List View
Curl up and chill out with this winter-themed omnibus including four ebooks based on the hit PBS Kids' TV show The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! With two based on the PBS Kids' holiday special The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About Christmas! (A Reindeer's First Christmas and New Friends for Christmas), and two based on the TV show (A Long Winter's Nap--a story about hibernation), and Flight of the Penguin (a story about--what else?--penguins), this is a perfect holiday gift that can be enjoyed long beyond the holidays!
Sally and Nick are playing in the rain--and getting really muddy! So when the Cat in the Hat offers to show them how animals get clean, the kids are keen to find out. But can Sally and Nick really get rid of the mud by taking dust baths, like a sparrow? Or by licking themselves, like a lion? And where are they going to find an oxpecker to pick it off them, like a hippo has? (Besides, oxpeckers tickle!) Maybe there's a better way for a kid to get clean? Based on an episode of the new PBS Kids program The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That!, this 16-page Pictureback comes with a sheet of adorable stickers featuring all the mud encrusted characters.
Learn why fireflies flash their lights in this glow-in-the-dark book based on the hit PBS Kids show The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! Sally and Nick are making shadow shapes when the batteries in their flashlight conk out. Luckily, the Cat knows where they can get some light: from his friend Shimmer, a firefly! But it turns out Shimmer needs some help of her own: her friend Glimmer is in trouble. Fireflies call to each other using unique flashing light patterns, and Glimmer's pattern is all wrong. He needs help--fast! Can the Cat and Co. un-stick Glimmer from a giant spiderweb AND find enough light to put on a shadow show? You bet they can! With glow ink on every other spread and two sheets of glow stickers, this is a fun way to celebrate summer and to spark discussions on how different animals communicate!
Fans of the Cat in the Hat have cause to celebrate this holiday season with two stories based on the one-hour PBS Kids' primetime special The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About Christmas! In A Reindeer's First Christmas, narrator Ralph--a yearling caribou--tells how but for the help of the Cat in the Hat, Sally, Nick, and some new friends, he narrowly misses spending his first Christmas at home and pulling Santa's sled! And in New Friends for Christmas, Sally and Nick learn that with a little help from family and friends--and a spare mini Thinga-ma-jigger--its possible to accomplish almost anything!
Fans of the hit PBS Kids' TV show The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! have cause to celebrate--all year round! In this ebook featuring two books in one, the Cat and Co. go, go, go, GO on an adventure to the magical Garden of Seasons, where they are able to see how the change in temperature affects plants and animals. Among the new friends they meet is a snowshoe hare whose brown fur turns white to help him hide in the snow, a tadpole who turns into a frog and then hibernates during the winter, and a Canadian goose gosling who grows up and migrates south in the fall. All in all, this is a perfect introduction to the yearly cycle that can be enjoyed any time of the year!
Fans of the hit PBS Kids' TV show The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! are in for a spring-themed treat! In Thump! (the first of two stories in this book), the Cat and Co. learn how rabbits communicate warnings to each other by thumping their feet on the ground, and in The Lost Egg, when Sally and Nick find a strange egg in the nest of a bowerbird, they discover not only that birds lay different kinds of eggs in different kinds of nests, but also that birds are not the only animals who lay eggs! This is a perfect, super-informative read featuring two of the most iconic images of spring and Easter: rabbits and eggs--plus the always-iconic Cat in the Hat!
In this latest installation of the Cat in the Hat's Learning Library, the Cat takes Sally and Dick to explore different kinds of deserts around the world, from the hot, dry Sonoran and Mojavi to the bitter cold Gobi and Antarctica. Young readers learn why deserts are dry, and how plants and animals--including cactus, kangaroos, camels, penguins, roadrunners, and many others--have adapted to survive the unforgiving climate. Also included: how sand dunes are formed; the reason we see mirages, and how shallow water beneath the surface of the ground can create an oasis. Fans of the new PBS preschool science show The Cat in the Hat Knows a Lot About That! (which is based on the Learning Library series) won't want to miss this hot new addition to the series!
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.