- Table View
- List View
This is the story of a funny little woman who lives all by herself in her own little hut. She's a dumpling maker by trade, and one day a naughty dumpling escapes down a crack in her floor. As she reaches for it, the floor gives way and the woman finds herself on an ancient road surrounded by statues of gods. The statues warn the woman not to attract the attention of the local Oni (an evil demon) but the woman's giggles can't keep her hidden for long. Soon she's cooking for all the Oni in their homes with the help of a magic paddle. By the end, however, the woman wishes to return to her house and it is only when she is able to make the Oni laugh at her (rather than vice versa) that she is enabled to escape and prosper. Like all good folktales, this one contains elements that are familiar throughout the world. This book was the recipient of the 1973 Caldecott Medal.
A story about two chinese brothers and how they were given their names. Older brother Tikki Tikki Tembo, and younger brother Chang.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.