- Table View
- List View
Substantial morbidity and mortality remains associated with thrombotic events has stimulated the rapid expansion of the available armamentarium to combat pathologic thrombosis. Pathologic thrombosis plays an essential role in the pathogenesis of acute coronary syndromes (ACS), ischemic complications of percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), venous thromboembolic disease, and embolic complications of arrhythmias and various cardiomyopathies. Written by experts in the field, Antithrombotic Drug Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease carefully examines individual and various combinations of the available antithrombotic regimens including fibrinolytic agents, antiplatelet therapies (aspirin, thieneopyridines, glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors), and anticoagulant therapies (unfractionated heparin, low-molecular-weight heparins, direct thrombin inhibitors, and synthetic factor X inhibitors), non-ST-segment elevation (NSTE) ACS and ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI). A detailed overview, Antithrombotic Drug Therapy in Cardiovascular Disease presents the evidence demonstrating the efficacy of available antithrombotic therapies in specific disease states such as atrial fibrillation, cardiomyopathy, valvular heart disease, and heparin-induced thrombocytopenia (HIT).
A basic understanding of cardiovascular physiology is essential for optimal patient care. This practical book provides a concise tutorial of all the essential aspects of cardiovascular hemodynamics and the techniques used to assess cardiovascular performance. A high-yield reference, this book is replete with figures, tracings, tables, and clinical pearls that reinforce the basic tenets of hemodynamics. From identifying key findings of the patient history and physical exam to correlating hemodynamic tracings with acute clinical presentations, this book arms the reader with the tools necessary to handle any hemodynamic-related situation.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.