- Table View
- List View
Despite considerable variability within the scientific community, allosteric regulation can best be defined functionally as how a macromolecule binds one ligand differently when a second ligand is or is not pre-bound to the macromolecule, which constitutes a vital aspect of protein structure/function. In Allostery: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field provide key techniques to investigate this biological phenomenon. Focusing on heterotropic systems with some coverage of homotropic systems, this volume covers the monitoring of allosteric function, allosteric conformational changes, and allosteric changes in protein dynamics/sub-population distribution, as well as topics such as macromolecular and ligand engineering of allosteric functions and computational aids in the study of allostery. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory. Thorough and intuitive, Allostery: Methods and Protocols aids scientists in continuing to study ligand-induced, through-protein effects on protein function (ligand binding/catalysis), a phenomenon that is well recognized through the history of the life sciences and very poorly understood at the molecular level.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.