- Table View
- List View
Despite considerable variability within the scientific community, allosteric regulation can best be defined functionally as how a macromolecule binds one ligand differently when a second ligand is or is not pre-bound to the macromolecule, which constitutes a vital aspect of protein structure/function. In Allostery: Methods and Protocols, expert researchers in the field provide key techniques to investigate this biological phenomenon. Focusing on heterotropic systems with some coverage of homotropic systems, this volume covers the monitoring of allosteric function, allosteric conformational changes, and allosteric changes in protein dynamics/sub-population distribution, as well as topics such as macromolecular and ligand engineering of allosteric functions and computational aids in the study of allostery. Written in the highly successful Methods in Molecular BiologyTM series format, the chapters include the kind of detailed description and implementation advice that is crucial for getting optimal results in the laboratory. Thorough and intuitive, Allostery: Methods and Protocols aids scientists in continuing to study ligand-induced, through-protein effects on protein function (ligand binding/catalysis), a phenomenon that is well recognized through the history of the life sciences and very poorly understood at the molecular level.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.