- Table View
- List View
Chef Art Smith puts the power of healthy living within your reach with these delicious dishes. Discover some of the great recipes he created on his journey to health and wellness, and then prepared for his celebrity clients. Bestselling author, Top Chef favorite, and award-winning chef Art Smith was discovering new innovations in the kitchen, including his beloved cuisine of the South, but neglecting to take care of himself. So he decided to make a change in the way he ate without giving up the foods he loved. By reimagining his favorite dishes and making exercise a regular part of his life, he lost 120 pounds and transformed both his body and his health. Art always knew that fine cooking is a way to show love to others--but now he saw it as a way to show love to yourself. Art cant resist bringing people together through food. Its partly what made him the success he is today--and his unique reimag-ining of classic comfort dishes has added to his wide appeal. After ten years as Oprah Winfreys personal chef, Smith now cooks for special events for celebrities all over the world. He has been a contributing editor to O, the Oprah Magazine and has made numerous television appearances, including on ABCs A Very Lady Gaga Thanksgiving, Bravos Top Chef Masters, and ABCs Nightline. Theres no doubt about it: Art Smiths Healthy Comfort is about great cooking and good eating. But Smith also shares his personal journey to good health--including delectable dishes such as Three Cheese Macaroni, Unfried Chicken, and Grilled Hanger Steak with Slow-Roasted Tomatoes that you just wont be able to resist.
Back to the Family is a companion to Art Smith's New York Times bestseller and James Beard award-winning cookbook, Back to the Table. Smith is the personal chef to Oprah Winfrey and a contributing editor to O Magazine. This book encourages readers to better understand the importance of valuing the ones you love through cooking and communing with food. Most importantly Back to the Family stresses the importance of recognizing old food traditions (family recipes, meals, memories, etc.) and the equal importance of creating new and healthier food traditions. More than 150 recipes and more than 140 photographs provide a wonderful evocative eating and reading experience.
Make Your Green Home a Reality! Building the right-sized green home involves making eco-smart decisions. In Building Today's Green Home, you will learn: How to choose the correct location of your building lot and what is the optimum placement of your house to take advantage of solar energy How to design the right-sized home for your needs now and in the future What are the best sustainable construction materials to use for building your home About the newest insulation materials and techniques What HVAC units are the most efficient and are the best at saving energy How to grade the building lot for natural sustainability The decisions you make today will have a huge impact on your future and the future of your children. And, building the right-sized energy-efficient home will free up investment capital for your retirement years.
Building Today's Green Home gives you instruction and advice on best practices for building a smaller, more cost effective house without compromising comfort or quality.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ‘DAISY Text with Images’.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.