- Table View
- List View
Chef Art Smith puts the power of healthy living within your reach with these delicious dishes. Discover some of the great recipes he created on his journey to health and wellness, and then prepared for his celebrity clients. Bestselling author, Top Chef favorite, and award-winning chef Art Smith was discovering new innovations in the kitchen, including his beloved cuisine of the South, but neglecting to take care of himself. So he decided to make a change in the way he ate without giving up the foods he loved. By reimagining his favorite dishes and making exercise a regular part of his life, he lost 120 pounds and transformed both his body and his health. Art always knew that fine cooking is a way to show love to others--but now he saw it as a way to show love to yourself. Art cant resist bringing people together through food. Its partly what made him the success he is today--and his unique reimag-ining of classic comfort dishes has added to his wide appeal. After ten years as Oprah Winfreys personal chef, Smith now cooks for special events for celebrities all over the world. He has been a contributing editor to O, the Oprah Magazine and has made numerous television appearances, including on ABCs A Very Lady Gaga Thanksgiving, Bravos Top Chef Masters, and ABCs Nightline. Theres no doubt about it: Art Smiths Healthy Comfort is about great cooking and good eating. But Smith also shares his personal journey to good health--including delectable dishes such as Three Cheese Macaroni, Unfried Chicken, and Grilled Hanger Steak with Slow-Roasted Tomatoes that you just wont be able to resist.
Building Today's Green Home gives you instruction and advice on best practices for building a smaller, more cost effective house without compromising comfort or quality.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.