- Table View
- List View
Adventures of the Coot Club, a bird protection society started by Tom Dudgeon to which Dorothea and Dick belong. While sailing on the Norfolk Broads, the Coot Club members are accused of setting boats adrift. They are able to prove their innocence only after some clever detective work. Swallows and Amazons series. Sequel to "Coot Club." For grades 4-7 and older readers.
Tom Dudgeon has cast off a motor cruiser from its moorings to protect a coot's nest. Now the cruiser is searching for him, and he has to become an outlaw on the run.
The Fool of the World, a peasant looked down on by his parents, wins the hand of the Czar's daughter after overcoming enormous obstacles
John, Susan, Titty, Roger, Nancy, Peggy, Dorothea, Dick and Captain Flint are on a seafaring holiday in the Hebrides. When Dick, the naturalist, discovers a pair of great northern divers nesting, the children save the birds from being shot by an unscrupulous egg-collector. Swallows and Amazons series. For grades 4-7 and older readers.
The Swallows (John, Susan, Roger, and Titty Walker), the Amazons (Nancy and Peggy Blackett), and Uncle Jim are voyaging around the world on their schooner. When they are shipwrecked and cast ashore on the China coast, they fall into the hands of Miss Lee, a Chinese pirate's daughter. Swallows and Amazons series. Sequel to "Peter Duck." For grades 4-7 and older readers.
Series: Swallows and Amazons series ; 03 In the third book of the adventures of the Walker and Blackett children, Peter Duck carries them onto the high seas. In their search for hidden treasure, under the command of the infamous Captain Flint (Uncle Jim), they brave fog, sharks, a real-life pirate, and ravenous crabs. Sequel to "Swallowdale." For grades 4-7 and older readers.
"A pigeon a day keeps the natives away" Nancy Blackett The Swallows (John, Susan, Roger, and Titty Walker), Amazons (Nancy and Peggy Blackett), and D's (Dorothea and Dick Callum) are spending their summer holidays prospecting for gold in the Lake District. In order to keep Mrs. Blackett informed of their doings they have brought along three carrier pigeons--Homer, Sophocles, and Sappho. Swallows and Amazons series. Sequel to "Coot Club." For grades 4-7 and older readers.
John, Susan, Titty and roger are the exploring crew of the Swallow for the first time this year, and it is not certain whether it will be peace or war with the Amazon pirates or with Captain Flint.
John, Susan, Titty and Roger, Arthur Ransome's Swallows from Swallows and Amazons, go on an unexpected sea voyage.
The Walker and Blackett children, spending the Christmas holiday by a lake near the mountains, are detained an extra month by quarantine for mumps. They go on an exciting, imaginary adventure to the North Pole. Sequel to "Peter Duck." For grades 4-7 and older readers.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.