- Table View
- List View
Al, a janitor, and his faithful dog, Eddie, live in a single room on the West Side. They eat together, they work together, they do everything together. So what's the problem? You name it. Their tiny home is crowded and cramped; their life is an endless struggle. Al and Eddie are totally miserable until a large and mysterious bird offers them a change of fortune. Transported to a gorgeous island in the sky, they are soon living a life of ease and comfort. But sometimes, they discover, the grass can be a little too green on the other side. After a dramatic escape from their "paradise," both man and dog agree: There really is no place like home. Arthur Yorinks and Richard Egielski have previously collaborated on Sid and Sol, which Maurice Sendak described as "a wonder"; Louis the Fish, named one of the Best Books of 1980 by School Library Journal; and Happened in Pinsk, a Booklist Children's Editors' Choice for 1984.
One Saturday, after it had stopped raining, the seven little monsters decided to visit Pluto in outer space.
Mel, an ordinary kid from New Jersey, is walking down the street one day when he trips and lands in another dimension. A pointy dimension! There are pointy dogs, pointy clouds, pointy cars, pointy houses-everything is pointy. When Mel finds his way back home and reports his astonishing discovery, his parents are skeptical. Even his friends don't believe him. Mel is about to give up, but his next visit to the pointy dimension leads to a topsy-turvy climax and total vindication for our hero. With this hilarious picture book, the matchless team of Yorinks and Egielski makes a triumphant return.
Select your format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. To learn more about using Bookshare with your device, visit the Help Center.
Here is an overview of the specialized formats that Bookshare offers its members with links that go to the Help Center for more information.
- Bookshare Web Reader - a customized reading tool for Bookshare members offering all the features of DAISY with a single click of the "Read Now" link.
- DAISY (Digital Accessible Information System) - a digital book file format. DAISY books from Bookshare are DAISY 3.0 text files that work with just about every type of access technology that reads text. Books that contain images will have the download option of ���DAISY Text with Images���.
- BRF (Braille Refreshable Format) - digital Braille for use with refreshable Braille devices and Braille embossers.
- MP3 (Mpeg audio layer 3) - Provides audio only with no text. These books are created with a text-to-speech engine and spoken by Kendra, a high quality synthetic voice from Ivona. Any device that supports MP3 playback is compatible.
- DAISY Audio - Similar to the Daisy 3.0 option above; however, this option uses MP3 files created with our text-to-speech engine that utilizes Ivonas Kendra voice. This format will work with Daisy Audio compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream and Read2Go.