- Table View
- List View
Al, a janitor, and his faithful dog, Eddie, live in a single room on the West Side. They eat together, they work together, they do everything together. So what's the problem? You name it. Their tiny home is crowded and cramped; their life is an endless struggle. Al and Eddie are totally miserable until a large and mysterious bird offers them a change of fortune. Transported to a gorgeous island in the sky, they are soon living a life of ease and comfort. But sometimes, they discover, the grass can be a little too green on the other side. After a dramatic escape from their "paradise," both man and dog agree: There really is no place like home. Arthur Yorinks and Richard Egielski have previously collaborated on Sid and Sol, which Maurice Sendak described as "a wonder"; Louis the Fish, named one of the Best Books of 1980 by School Library Journal; and Happened in Pinsk, a Booklist Children's Editors' Choice for 1984.
One Saturday, after it had stopped raining, the seven little monsters decided to visit Pluto in outer space.
Mel, an ordinary kid from New Jersey, is walking down the street one day when he trips and lands in another dimension. A pointy dimension! There are pointy dogs, pointy clouds, pointy cars, pointy houses-everything is pointy. When Mel finds his way back home and reports his astonishing discovery, his parents are skeptical. Even his friends don't believe him. Mel is about to give up, but his next visit to the pointy dimension leads to a topsy-turvy climax and total vindication for our hero. With this hilarious picture book, the matchless team of Yorinks and Egielski makes a triumphant return.
Select your download format based upon: 1) how you want to read your book, and 2) compatibility with your reading tool. For more details, visit the Formats page under the Getting Started tab.See and hear words read aloud
- DAISY Text - See words on the screen and hear words being read aloud with the text-to-speech voice installed on your reading tool. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Can also be used in audio-only mode. Compatible with many reading tools, including Bookshare’s free reading tools.
- DAISY Text with Images - Similar to DAISY Text with the addition of images within the Text. Your reading tool must support images.
- Read Now with Bookshare Web Reader - Read and see images directly from your Internet browser without downloading! Text-to-speech voicing and word highlighting are available on Google Chrome (extension installation required). Other browsers can be used with limited features. Learn more
- DAISY Audio - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate by page, chapter, section, and more. Must be used with a DAISY Audio compatible reading tool.
- MP3 - Listen to books in audio-only mode with the high-quality Kendra voice by Ivona pre-installed. Navigate using tracks. Can be used with any MP3 player.
- BRF (Braille Ready Format) - Read with any BRF compatible refreshable braille display; navigate using the search or find feature.
- DAISY Text - Read with any DAISY 3.0 compatible refreshable braille display, navigate by page, chapter, section, and more.
- Embossed Braille - Use Bookshare’s DAISY Text or BRF formats to generate embossed braille.